It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 12:56 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 30

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Vehicles?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:20 am 

Causeless wrote:
I think he meant as in, a destroyed crashed helicopter as part of the atmosphere, or cover, not a real usable helicopter.

That is exactly what I meant! Should standalone missions be introduced then 'rescue the pilot' and that sort of thing could be ace.

OzyThesage wrote:
Then again, maybe I'm just having flashbacks to Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

Thats what I was thinking! (but didn't think to mention it). Great minds and all that!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:57 am 

Now that I think of it, all the vehicles I posted wouldn't fit the time period AT ALL. D:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:15 pm 

Is there really a time period? i always tho it was set in a parallel universe where people are always killing each other xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:37 pm 

I like the idea of WW2 but the rifles in atm don't work with that. either way the style of the game suggests it doesn't have to be realistic or a specific period but rather every item is designed for the game while taking ideas and aspects from historical examples.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Foamy wrote:
I like the idea of WW2 but the rifles in atm don't work with that. either way the style of the game suggests it doesn't have to be realistic or a specific period but rather every item is designed for the game while taking ideas and aspects from historical examples.

True... want to know the real reason why there's AK47 and G36? After spending some time with it, I found this site from which I could get some rifle shot sound effects legitimately royalty free for a decent price, and it just happened to be those two rifles that had the best quality sounds :) I also bought M240 sounds while at it so now I don't have any choice but to make M240 in the game as well :lol: (which I've actually made during the past few days, it's a killing machine I tell you..)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 am 

pasik wrote:
Foamy wrote:

True... want to know the real reason why there's AK47 and G36? After spending some time with it, I found this site from which I could get some rifle shot sound effects legitimately royalty free for a decent price, and it just happened to be those two rifles that had the best quality sounds :) I also bought M240 sounds while at it so now I don't have any choice but to make M240 in the game as well :lol: (which I've actually made during the past few days, it's a killing machine I tell you..)

... Dooo waaaant