It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:37 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 138

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:19 pm 

Was just playing SAS Invasion. A player, who I've had no previous interaction with, called Mr. Lim, deliberately rocketed me from about 10 metres away when I was wounded. He then came over and stole my stuff. This is clear team-killing to take somebody's stuff, and as such, I request that he be banned from this server.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:13 pm 

Okay, maybe not banning for first offence :D (that's if it is his first offence...)!

As someone pointed out, this player isn't a noob, and it's almost unheard of for experienced players to team-kill a player to steal his stuff. It was definitely a deliberate team killing and there was stealing involved.

I'd only recently joined the server and hadn't interacted with the player previously. I was on the ground in an open space with no enemy around and he was raised above on a roof, so the rocket had been clearly deliberately aimed at me. So I'm at a loss to provide any other explanation for it.

Anyway, it's been noted here in case the player does similar things in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:15 pm 

I don't think the devs care about fixing this? There was a pretty long discussion about this on IRC a few months ago and the conclusion seemed to be that griefing isn't a big deal because it's "rare" and it's not a priority to add a mechanism to fix it, like voting to kick or ban.

After a very lengthy discussion, they decided to reset the stats of someone who had been repeatedly griefing, but there's really no system for handling griefers other than complaining a ton. And then there's a good chance the punishment will be something that doesn't really change their ability to continue griefing, like resetting stats.

P.S. "Mr. Green" in Beerdrinkers continues to teamkill people.

Last edited by halp on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:40 pm 

I suppose the best thing to do is to report such incidents in a thread in the forum and if it becomes clear that a player is repeat-offending they get a warning or ban.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 pm 

Accidentally found the steam profile of the infamous Chap Chappington.
Look at this: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... ed/270150/
Feel free to warn him what follows. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

halp wrote:
I don't think the devs care about fixing this? There was a pretty long discussion about this on IRC a few months ago and the conclusion seemed to be that griefing isn't a big deal because it's "rare" and it's not a priority to add a mechanism to fix it, like voting to kick or ban.

Penalty manager was added a few months ago but it was bugging out pretty bad making people stay penalized, probably some IP tracking based issue, thus it became disabled by default.

Username based ban list is already there, can also be used to deny specific profiles from accessing a server.

Manual Steam account based ban list and Steam based penalty manager have been implemented last weekend, just waiting to be properly tested and added to an update.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:07 pm 

pasik wrote:
Username based ban list is already there, can also be used to deny specific profiles from accessing a server.

Is it actually used? AFAIK, Chap Chappington is still griefing in Inva, Mr. Green is still griefing in Beer, etc. Last time I played inva a lot (maybe 3 months ago) I stopped reporting this stuff because no one did anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

halp wrote:
pasik wrote:

Is it actually used? AFAIK, Chap Chappington is still griefing in Inva, Mr. Green is still griefing in Beer, etc. Last time I played inva a lot (maybe 3 months ago) I stopped reporting this stuff because no one did anything about it.

At least some insulting name patterns are there in the ban list in InvasionUSA, not sure about SAS Invasion. I'm not aware that we would've began banning individual usernames using it because the guy will just come in with another username then.

Call me lazy, but I'm personally waiting for penalty manager to come back to deal with teamkills in an automated way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:43 am 

pasik wrote:
Call me lazy, but I'm personally waiting for penalty manager to come back to deal with teamkills in an automated way.

Hahaha. Ok. I'll check back again in a couple months to see if griefing and the PVP gameplay issues are fixed. Good luck :P.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:59 am 

halp wrote:
Hahaha. Ok. I'll check back again in a couple months to see if griefing and the PVP gameplay issues are fixed. Good luck :P.

I'm confident a better PvP format will be forthcoming.

As for griefing, I don't think it's a major issue in the game. Sometimes it can be difficult to separate stupid play from deliberate mischief.

I feel half of the problem would go away if a particular rank was needed to drive certain vehicles. I think there's probably full agreement among players about not allowing completely new players drive the spawn and armory trucks. As I've said before, this is good for the players but also good for the noobs, since they usually get angry comments from the other players when they get the trucks mindlessly destroyed, when their actions may have been poorly-judged rather than maliciously intended.

I would also have it that someone needs to be able to command one squad member to drive an APC or Humvee and two squad members to drive a tank. Sometimes you see noobs driving tanks into battle with no MG gunner because they don't have the rank for the crew.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next