It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:25 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 81

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:28 am 

I am glad that SAS take this issue seriously.

On usernames: I've seen three usernames in my time playing that I would deem unacceptable and, at the very least, require changing.

Two of them use the N-word - the racist word that is unacceptable in the modern world.

Two of them use vulgarisms. So one of them combines both!

Here they are...

(I've censored offending parts with asterisks and the N-word completely).

Adolf [N-word]
[N-word]d*ck
P*n*s *ss

Did I asterisk the last one too much...? The second word begins with an A... :D

The N-word is unacceptable in any circumstances. I don't give much of a rat's arse about vulgarisms in chat, unless someone spams it, but I draw the line at a username. The player chatted a lot so I'd have "Penis Ass" coming up on the corner of my screen all the time. Oops, forgot the asterisks that time!

Anyway, it's been some weeks since I've seen any of them in the SAS Invasion server so I figure they've ether stopped playing, have come to their senses and started new profiles with an unmoronic usernames or have been hit by the ban-hammer by SAS operatives.

However, I see now that the middle one of these trio of miscreants, [N-word]d*ck, is online now in the newish US Invasion server, which, of course, is not under SAS control. Probably Green Berets, SEALs or Delta Force...

It almost goes without saying that that username cannot be tolerated. Whether that results in insta-banning or just a request for a different username is beyond my jurisdiction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:43 pm 

There's a player called JewSlayer9000 playing in SAS Invasion. I would not consider that to be an appropriate name, either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 pm 

Hi,

Is this Feature already implemented? If yes, how can I activate this? Is there a Short Instruktion?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:12 pm 

Michael wrote:
Hi,

Is this Feature already implemented? If yes, how can I activate this? Is there a Short Instruktion?

yes it is, create a ban_list.txt in your scripts folder and there you go. It's still case sensitive but that will change in the next release.

Quote:
It then uses scripts/ban_list.txt, where each line represents a pattern for matching with usernames. Wildcards such as * and ? should be supported.

When you make changes in ban_list.txt, it needs to be read into the script with an in-game command /refresh_ban. You can also call it in server console with say /refresh_ban.

The ban manager is used for all gamemodes automatically.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 am 

JackMayol wrote:
yes it is, create a ban_list.txt in your scripts folder and there you go. It's still case sensitive but that will change in the next release.

Dear JackMayol

Thanks for the quick reply. But I had a few further questions:
1. What happens with existing persons and profiles which are violating the banlist? Will they be deleted automaticlly or I have to clean up the 1000 profiles manually?
2. Is it on the roadmap, to set up a global/central banlist? I know it from PunkBuster/W:ET that this feature where implemented in the cheat protection system: e.g. a rule: do not use bad nicknames. If I remember there is already a function (or is it planned) where the gamer can report abuse?

I would appreciate it if anybody could send me the banlist via pm. Otherwise have to write the list from the scratch (but I am sure, there is one, everybody got an Adolf on his server...).

Thank you for your help.

Michael

P.S. On the last post I used my tablet, damn auto correction...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Michael wrote:
1. What happens with existing persons and profiles which are violating the banlist? Will they be deleted automaticlly or I have to clean up the 1000 profiles manually?

Profiles are not automatically cleaned up. Ban manager just kicks out a connecting player with an unaccepted username, that's all. One could write e.g. a bash script that takes the same banlist as input and deletes the matching ones.

Quote:
2. Is it on the roadmap, to set up a global/central banlist? I know it from PunkBuster/W:ET that this feature where implemented in the cheat protection system: e.g. a rule: do not use bad nicknames. If I remember there is already a function (or is it planned) where the gamer can report abuse?

No, we haven't planned such. Steam offers some form of cheat protection system, but right now I wouldn't know anything about it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:40 pm 

Urgent request to be warned or if need to be banned the guy with the nick: Chap Chappington - he quite often(almost constantly tbh) drive the spawn truck wherever he wants and if someone tries to move it to another location, he destroys the truck and tries to kill the guy himself.
Well-known situation, unfortunately..... :roll:

EDIT
The "little problem" has been solved for the time being. Thank Doom Metal for his efforts and patience.Image

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:26 pm 

DIO wrote:
Urgent request to be warned or if need to be banned the guy with the nick: Chap Chappington - he quite often(almost constantly tbh) drive the spawn truck wherever he wants and if someone tries to move it to another location, he destroys the truck and tries to kill the guy himself.
We really need help in SAS Invasion. Same player, same story as yesterday - he killed 6 or 7 ppl with nade and I am absolutely convinced that this was not an accident! He is not just a teamkiller - he can play pretty well, he defuse my C4 and he pushed the spawn truck with other truck into the water in order to destroy it(EDIT:talking about yesterday's incidents), so I'm sure it was on purpose.
Shatner and some others can confirm this.
So I appeal for an immediate ban of this player: Chap Chappington

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

Last edited by DIO on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:51 pm 

Not saying these things haven't happened, but I haven't personally witnessed them. So I can't confirm these things, that could lead to another player's banning. Haven't seen enough to have formed any opinion of him, to be honest.

There are probably one or two other players, though, that I feel the same way Dio does about this guy! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:11 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiv1jDz ... e=youtu.be

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=12835#p12835

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next