It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:22 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 98

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:15 pm 

Thrillseeker wrote:
Simple rule of a thumb is : don't feed the troll. If You ignore his antics he'll get bored of getting 0 attention and go away.

wow thanks for your advice i never knew that
JackMayol wrote:
Thrillseeker is right, don't feed harrified, uh I mean the trolls :D
We have the reworked penalty system in place on invasionUSA2 server since today. So if it is enough to fix the teamkill issue, the rest is just a matter of ignoring the trolls as there's not much that can be done there.

Oh okay so every time i want to "troll" people i should just go onto a low level account and start teamkilling with grenades and destorying spawn and armory trucks

today on SAS server the same guy kept on throwing grenades at friendlies until we all threatened to report him and he said you cant ban me if im not in the server and left
Spoiler:

and then Euzeguyses started making alt accounts and coming in and teamkilling after that because according to him he cant get steam banned lol
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:57 pm 

Satirical wrote:
JackMayol wrote:
Thrillseeker is right, don't feed harrified, uh I mean the trolls :D
We have the reworked penalty system in place on invasionUSA2 server since today. So if it is enough to fix the teamkill issue, the rest is just a matter of ignoring the trolls as there's not much that can be done there.

Oh okay so every time i want to "troll" people i should just go onto a low level account and start teamkilling with grenades and destorying spawn and armory trucks

Take it from me that you people are indeed being trolled in spite of the divine authority of scare quotes. You've erected a monument to immortalize their names in the form of a snitch thread, in which now they've elicited impatience and disrespect toward the devs from you, some weenie with an anime avatar lol.

TLDR: Time to take a chill pill, bro. 8-)

Source(s): a "troll"

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:44 pm 

harrified wrote:
You've erected a monument to immortalize their names in the form of a snitch thread

I don't agree with your logic. It matters not one iota to me, and probably to most other players, if a troll feels he's gained some sort of victory by being banned and getting "immortalized" by having his username noted in a thread. They can announce it on the evening news for all I care.

harrified wrote:
...some weenie with an anime avatar lol.

TLDR: Time to take a chill pill, bro. 8-)

Source(s): a "troll"

Looks like we have a 12 year old in the thread (and I'm not talking about Satirical)... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:28 pm 

shatner wrote:
I don't agree with your logic. It matters not one iota to me, and probably to most other players, if a troll feels he's gained some sort of victory by being banned and getting "immortalized" by having his username noted in a thread. They can announce it on the evening news for all I care.

You're disgusted at the idea of taking responsibility for your actions? Cool. But what was my logic and why do you disagree? 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:36 pm 

harrified wrote:
But what was my logic and why do you disagree? 8-)

I thought it was pretty clear, but I'll explain your own logic to you. You said that by "snitching" on trolls in the thread, "you've erected a monument to immortalize their names", with the implication that this was some sort of victory for the trolls.

It's like saying that in the real world, someone who has committed a crime gets "immortalized" when they are brought to justice and their name is in the papers etc. Sure, there might be one or two oddballs that enjoy the notoriety that would bring, but that doesn't change the fact that they have incurred a punishment for their misdemeanours and, if incarcerated, have been prevented from carrying out such acts in the future (for a period of time at least).

So, to bring it back to trolling, I would say that if someone is persistently being a dick and spoiling the gaming experience of other players then, as a player, I am more interested in seeing that player removed permanently from the game. If that person considers it a badge of honour to have been denied the privilege of playing a fantastic game which presumably they've spent money to buy, well, I couldn't give a shit.

We are talking largely theoretically, as I don't see trolling as a major problem in the game. Given a large enough statistical sample, though, as will be found when many people play an online multiplayer game, there will always be one or two people whose primary enjoyment derives from trolling other players. This is the case with any online multiplayer game.

Personally, I have zero tolerance for hate speech (racism, bigotry etc) and if I encounter it I will report it and get that person banned (which I have done). Other forms of trollery would be on a case-by-case basis, with the aim of weeding out repeat offenders.

The atmosphere between players online in the game is almost always very good and it should be kept that way. As they say, one rotten apple spoils the barrel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:32 pm 

shatner wrote:
harrified wrote:
But what was my logic and why do you disagree? 8-)

I thought it was pretty clear, but I'll explain your own logic to you. You said that by "snitching" on trolls in the thread, "you've erected a monument to immortalize their names", with the implication that this was some sort of victory for the trolls.

But it is. I wish I had the fortitude to follow in JewSlayer9000's footsteps.

shatner wrote:
It's like saying that in the real world, someone who has committed a crime gets "immortalized" when they are brought to justice and their name is in the papers etc. Sure, there might be one or two oddballs that enjoy the notoriety that would bring, but that doesn't change the fact that they have incurred a punishment for their misdemeanours and, if incarcerated, have been prevented from carrying out such acts in the future (for a period of time at least).

uh lol "brought to justice" actually all that's happening right now is a retiring of accounts, which can be replaced. Hence the ungrateful attitude of the anime avatar.

shatner wrote:
So, to bring it back to trolling, I would say that if someone is persistently being a dick and spoiling the gaming experience of other players then, as a player, I am more interested in seeing that player removed permanently from the game. If that person considers it a badge of honour to have been denied the privilege of playing a fantastic game which presumably they've spent money to buy, well, I couldn't give a shit.

uh lol none of that necessitates a memorial wall, though.

shatner wrote:
We are talking largely theoretically, as I don't see trolling as a major problem in the game.

Tell that to the anime avatar lol.

shatner wrote:
Personally, I have zero tolerance for hate speech (racism, bigotry etc) and if I encounter it I will report it and get that person banned (which I have done). Other forms of trollery would be on a case-by-case basis, with the aim of weeding out repeat offenders.

The atmosphere between players online in the game is almost always very good and it should be kept that way. As they say, one rotten apple spoils the barrel.

k.

TLDR: You're being trolled. Anime Avatar was a weenie (still is probably). You called me a 12-year-old, outing yourself as an ageist which I have ZERO TOLERANCE for and I will be reporting your post to the mods so that you will be banned and J U S T I C E may take your place here in my forum.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:31 pm 

harrified wrote:
But it is. I wish I had the fortitude to follow in JewSlayer9000's footsteps... [blah blah]

It appears to be your modus operandi to make weak attempts at flaming posters in threads with unintelligible gibberish. Here's a couple of your nuggets from the Steam forum:

harrified wrote:
u pvpers are the scum that will ruin this game if you want to play pvp then go play betafield or one of those nerdy lol or lmao games not many games these days have good coop i mean we as a civilization have had awesome pvp games for thousands of years but very few if any sports against ai and you can still even play quake online with some creepy nerd in chile if you want but just know before you try to argue with me i am willing to fight for what i believe in are you?

harrified wrote:
5. but on a more serious note there is nothing more beautiful and awespiring than a golden flame you have to see it to believe it when i first saw my first golden flame i was probably about 8 or maybe 15 and it appeared to me in my window or maybe some other where but whether it was there or not 6. it was and still exists in my mind and so too the mind being man's own flame in his heads becomes golden and embroiled to a perfect golden crisp if you will pardon the american colloquialisms it's really nothing to joke about

TL;DR: you're an idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:02 pm 

ad hominem 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:12 pm 

harrified wrote:
ad hominem 8-)

No, I have refuted the "logic", if I can call it that, of your argument.

The subject of the discussion is trollery and you have intimated that you are a troll apologist and, indeed, have yourself openly indulged in trollery. Trolls = idiots. Ipso facto... :lol:

It is clear we have different viewpoints on this issue. For example, I am happy to anoint you The King of Trolls because in my worldview such a position would hold no value or worth. All I care about is having some fun playing a video game and if someone tries to get in the way of that for me (or other players) then I shall make sure they are not able to continue to do so. If someone takes pleasure in displaying to the world that they're a dick then that's fine as that's their (and your) right - being a dick is not illegal per se - but they can do it some place else.

Anyway, I don't think our discussion is going anywhere and I am fully cognisant of the fact that you are trying to troll me right here in the thread, so I'm not going to be a participant in your "performance art".

Old Persian proverb: When a wise man argues with a fool, the greater part of the blame lies with the wise man.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 pm 

8-) Watch this:

U said:
shatner wrote:
You said that by "snitching" on trolls in the thread, "you've erected a monument to immortalize their names", with the implication that this was some sort of victory for the trolls.

Butt:
Fame and punishment* are not mutually exclusive.
*Anime Avatar would argue that there's no real punishment going on, for any troll can just make a new name and come back to get banned again.

Therefore:
shatner wrote:
I have refuted the "logic", if I can call it that, of your argument.
is false lol all you keep saying is that you don't care

tu longus didun readus: this thread = you being trolled
Source(s): Troll apologist, trollery indulger, King of Trolls

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next