It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:34 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 76

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:16 pm 

Well, i said it was coming. I wasn't sure about writing this, didn't want to step on toes when it comes to creative decisions and the like, but i've been told by a few people to just post it so here goes.

I should just state that i'm a bit of a gun nut and this will mostly be nitpicking and details unimportant from gameplay/balance point of view. These are just my thoughts, might be taken as suggestions or just rambling. So take it as you will.

- Basic assault rifles : browns get an AK47. While this is an iconic gun and it fills the same role (in essence anyway) as the M16 and G36, it's not really on par with them. AK74 would be a better choice - mostly because it's more comparable when it comes to the caliber. From a dev point of view it's not a big change i think, change the name, darken the wood texture and it's job done.
- Browns sniper : again, like the AK47, SVD is probably the most known Russian made sniper rifle, it doesn't however directly match other factions guns. From a balance standpoint this can be an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how well You can utilize SVD's quirks. Personally i feel SV-98 would be a better choice, while keeping the SVD as an unlockable similar to SG552, L85 and Famas. SV-98 could just use PSG-90 model with a slightly different texture.
- LMGs : Apart from PKM using a 150 round mag which it shouldn't, i feel like the Negev sort of stands out as the odd choice. For one, it's Israeli made, so it's apart from all other grey weapons which are used by German forces. MG4 or HK23 would fit better i think. Also Negev is 5.56 while M240B and PKM are both 7.62mm.
- SG552 : this i mentioned to Jack already, but i feel like renaming it to SG550 and chaging its UI icon would suit the function it has (semi auto, long range) better. No need to even touch the weapon model tbh.
- VSS : Ui icon shows a picture of a VSS with a 10 round mag.

Aaaand that's it for nitpicking, really. Some of the shotguns have unrealistic ammo counts but this makes complete sense from balance point of view so i'm not mentioning those.

As for suggestions, i had an idea about a 6th weapon class in the armory, a heavier 'battle' rifle. An assault rifle of higher caliber, with heavier recoil and slower fire rate but also quite accurate (on first shots anyway, before the recoil kicks in) and more damaging. Think G3 or FN FAL for Greys, M14 or SCAR-H for Greens and OTs-14 Groza or LCZ B20 (i know it was only a prototype, but...) or even an AK-12 in 7.62 for Browns.

As for rares i only thought of 2 things that would have any impact.
First would be a silenced assault rifle - something between a VSS and silenced SMGs. Whatever works here really as long as it has a suppressor attached, be it some sort of SOPMOD M4 with a suppressor and a red-dot sight or better yet, a RK-95 with a suppressor because, You know, Finland.
The second thought i had would be a very high caliber sniper rifle. Specifically, African made Mechem NTW-20, in 20mm variant. It could only be fired prone or from cover, like the LMG, but it would hit as hard as the APC gun and be capable of damaging vehicles. It would also have to be slow and have a very small mag size (3 rounds like the real thing) plus slow Your movement down considerably when equipped, weighing in at just about 30 kilograms.

I had many more thoughts, adding more guns for the sake of variety - not necessarily filling any holes in current line-up. HK416, Remington ACR, TAR-21 etc. But these are just because more is more and You can never have enough guns.

Please keep in mind that not all thoughts i have are good. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:25 am 

Ok, first off the ak74u is in the game, it is a rare weapon, think the weapon choice was made to keep things "balanced"

skipping sniper bit, cause nothing to say

On the LMG, the PKM has a 150 round mag for divercity reasons, cause other wise they would all basically be the same.

On suggestions

First off the suppressed asault rifle.... I have made atleast one for the game but I doubt that the devs will add it ( balance reasons)

on the sniper, we already have a heavy caliber sniper the m107 .50 cal. originally I had the weapon made to destroy riot shields but it was swapped to armor puncture mostly cause the AI and players could TK with it... and the AI did that a lot when armed with it. Yeah a heavy caliber sniper 20mm or otherwise would have to be like the air burst grenade launcher Player only and rare.. there for not likely for the 1.0 release.

Also the only weapons that the devs have considered for adding at the moment. (atleast untill after 1.0) is some machine pistols.thing is the comunity would have to get the sounds and hud images... I personally have already made the models and weapon function.

the link to the current progress for the machine pistols http://www.mediafire.com/download/qxk4i ... t_file.zip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:54 am 

AK74 : i meant full size AK74 to replace our current AK47 - change would just be cosmetics, the name and the ui image. Maybe darken the wood on the texture. Keep the stats and model as is. My reason for this being that AK74 uses 5.45mm ammo which is much closer ballistically to 5.56 which other 2 basic AR's use. Real AK47 has different charactaristics being a higher caliber but lower velocity round. Like i said, most of this post is just nitpicking.
As for AKS-74U it's a separate weapon, its the compact model and has nothing to do with my point here.

On the subject of 20mm rifle - i did not think of that, good point.

LMGs - simplest fix really would be to make the PKM a little more powerful or accurate and reduce its mag size to 100, and then give 150 box to Negev (which the real Negev does come with), raise its rate of fire but lower the damage slightly (because it uses lower caliber round so it would be closer to real life) - again, this is nitpicking on my part.

As for suppressed AR, Jack has said the same thing but if it was a rare, i don't really see how it would be any more imba than the VSS is. It would just be something between the VSS and the stock silent SMGs in terms of range, rate of fire and stopping power. More variety, You know ?

Thanks for the feedback tho, appreciated :mrgreen: