It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:01 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 22

All times are UTC

Post subject: M202 flash concept.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:34 am 

Today I finished a concept file for a weapon I am working on the M202 flash.
http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/ ... =422003078

Originally the concept was to be a heavy rare anti tank weapon, but do to the fact that well a rare anti tank weapon would end up being "to epic to use" I turned it into a rare anti infantry weapon.

Now where everyone else comes in. I need to balance this thing... and get a hud image for it. bellow is the test file. My request is simple for people to test out the weapon then give feed back on where it should be changed if at all.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ikzh1 ... t_file.zip

Note: this weapon will likely end up in the game.... I have been perfecting it for a while, and well I got a m107 and a golden deagle in the game think I can get this in.

Ok now for the stats.

the m202 flash for purposes of the game is a one use 4 shot launcher loaded with high explosive fragmentation rounds. this means that it doesn't do much to armored vehicles but will shred infantry.

The objective of the tests to determine if it is effective against infantry. Note right now it is set to a 3000 exp requirement for one, and 6,000 for two. IF it seems to easy to use or to hard please tell me I want this thing as refined as possible before I start bugging the devs with it again.

Also a note the file includes a mp7 custom of mine ignore that, it is just a fun secondary that I have been balance testing and wanting to get in as a easter egg weapon. Though I know that will never happen. (the model included for a soldier isn't used.... ignore it, do not open it, just ignore it.)

yes this is copy pasted from here http://steamcommunity.com/app/270150/di ... 683144239/

yes it was just copy pasted so I can spell check.

Post subject: Re: M202 flash concept.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:54 am 

Looking past the concept of quality and model itself - i think it's a touch redundant at the moment. Xm-25 is all i'm going to say. But i like the idea of this being a powerful anti-vehicle weapon. Would making it high damage but very small splash not do the trick of being a vehicle killer while not being overpowered vs infantry ? Armor-Piercing rockets usually have crap splash in real life because all the power is directed to pierce so it kinda fits, i think. Coupled with something like RPG7 kind of projectile speed and long-ish reload should prevent it from being super-overpowered, no ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:11 pm 

I am going anti infantry for the m202 more over cause it fits the weapon, the real m202 fires well incendiary explosives and would not be good against vehicles, though that type of round is not possible in running with rifles.

So the m202 for this concept fires HE frag explosives, not good against vehicles but great against infantry.

Also the concept is not redundant as there is NO rare rocket launcher in fact it is the only weapon type to not have a rare variant.

I am taking it by the complete miss understanding of the idea you didn't download the file and try it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:37 pm 

warbrand2 wrote:
Also the concept is not redundant as there is NO rare rocket launcher in fact it is the only weapon type to not have a rare variant.

You can get the exact same effects using XM-25. It fills the exact same role. You could pick on technicalities but the fact remains. Now, i have no issue with having redundant weapons working pretty much the same way or having the same purpose - for the sake of variety if nothing else. I'd be happy if there were 5 more rare assault rifles with tiny differences between them just so i could use one that i personally like.
I was just suggesting, since there is no rare AT weapon, that it could fill that role. The way You worded Your first post suggested You had this idea too but decided against it because it would be too OP.
In short, it wasn't the weapon that caused the so called 'misunderstanding', it was Your post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 pm 

Actually your argument doesn't apply as it works completely different to the xm-25, which is air burst and well you can use it as an improvised mine layer if you are smart. this is a rocket launcher really big difference.

There is a reason that there is no rare AT weapon, cause any rare anti tank weapon would be overpowered, and rank as "to epic to use" come one you could invalidate at AI or player driven tank rush with one, and that is bad.

It is also why the original plan for this was scrapped... I have been trying to get it added as AT but well that doesn't fit the M202 and is near impossible to properly balance.