It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:02 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 41 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 32

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:05 pm 

We are using these WAY more! And they ARE helpful.
However there is very little need to have the Hotkey Command chat show in the Upper Left Chat Log on screen.
It's starting to add spam to the team chat by us. I had been suing it for a long while now, not realizing that it showed for the whole team in the chat. I was using it under the impression it is local screen only, like a purely local chat-bubble, only relevant to those immediately around me. I found out the other guys using the Hotkeys were under the same impression too.

But now with a few of us using them we're starting to unintentionally spam the chat channel in upper left ingame.
And we're spamming with info that is not relevant to the whole team as we're trying to help direct or communicate only with local troops nearby.

Can you PLEASE change this for us! They are SUPER useful. But watching Kuwii say "I'll assist you" a few tons of time in the chat is needless, but totally useful when he's nearby on the field. Seeing Static say "Push UP" is confusing for other players in other places that shouldn't push. And I'm starting to wonder how my "Watch the Left/Right flank" command has confused other new guys no where near the front by my statement that out of immediate local context is basically a useless command to the chat.

If it's possible, please consider removing them from the chat log. We just need them as local screen pop-up bubbles. That's how we've been using them, and they are SUPER helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

It could be extended to take in an additional parameter for choosing the channel from global, faction or squad chats. Currently it's always global.

On-screen choice would need some more work given how there's no such channel currently.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:33 am 

They are good as functioning as Global because we use them to talk to all nearby in the same screen, squadmates and random team members alike. Just when those minor commands show up in the Upper left log for those other players not nearby it gets spammy for them and serves no purpose. And then you get those moment when people way on the other side of the map think you're tell them to watch the left flank, or move up or something totally irrelevant to them.

Basically we use them as super-local auto-chat bubbles. Only for those onscreen.
Does that make sense?