It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:21 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 54 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 94

All times are UTC

Post subject: BOSS CHANGE IDEA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:41 am 

ok right now boss mission I is a huge stealth fest and as it is a disconnect from most missions it isn't really fun unless you have been playing saboteur in the other missions.

Cause of this I have been thinking, how about replacing boss mission I with a set of missions

ground assault or air assault these would be introed with a mission called rebellion

Rebellion

mission intro

COMMANDER: We have managed to contact a local resistance force and they are willing to guide us to the [enemy team]'s main strong hold though they request we help take back their capital.

entering the mission

the mission starts with the player and several AI officers being air dropped along with a humvee and a tank at the outskirts of a large city, a flare acts as spawn and the AI soldiers do not respawn.

the players first objective is to take a hamlet near the city this hamlet consists of a gas station, 4 houses and a church. once the gas station is captured a technical will spawn inside its garage and the palyers Allies for the mission will spawn.

the allies are civilians armed with "resistance weapons"

ally introduction

CITIZEN LEADER(image is a civilian with a bandana): ALRIGHT EVERYONE WE HAVE MILITARY SUPPORT UP IN ARMS AND CHARGE

at this point 4 technical will spawn and a large force of civilians will come from teh church, many rushing to the technicals.

this starts off the players objectives which is to take the city, this is a long hall mission as the city has most its roads barricaded and many TOW, MINIGUN, and mortar traps. as well as several overlapping AA guns and radar tower.

taking the town is hard as the player must with the help of the civilians take 8 outer districts of the city then take the capital building. The capital building its self is a fortress with 2 AA guns on each wing(two per wing) a radar jammer tower in the center and several AUTO GUNS (basically encased miniguns and TOWs with a high rank AI in them)

Taking the center requires the player to have taken down its defense network as the auto guns will shred the player or AI's if they get to close, to take down the net work all the player has to do is C4 3 control towers around the city, doing so will cause all the auto guns to self destruct.

MAJOR FEATURES OF THE CITY

Motor pool
info: a large veihcle repair area, that the Boss enemy is using to build APC's and tanks has 2 APC spawns and a tank spawn, when taken the APC spawns are swapped to technicals, while the tank spawn stays the same (and stays the tank of what ever hostile faction you are fighting)

AIR port
info: has a large runway with a single large radar tower, destroying the tower will cause the AI commander to air drop in several soldiers, and is the only way you can get military allies.

finishing the mission, once the mission is finished the palyer will be given two path choices.

Commander: The rebels have informed us we can either help them with the assualt or try to sneak around and take a small village to the north, the village supports their supply lines so taking it will cut enemy supplies, while helping with the assault will maintain our allies. soldiers split up and take a path, we need both.

AIR PORT PATH

leads to the current boss mission I nothing is changed.

ASSAULT PATH
player heads to the north of the city and gets in a technical

this path has the player joining a large improvised vehicle assault on a lesser fortress, the assault only has a 5 part map, but it isn not captured per say, as the player or AI must simply destroy ammo dumps knocking out the enemy stashes. (basically blowing up 6 mortar crates on each cap area) this map has a high amount of elites including several "kill squads" which are a group of elites holding weapons seen no where else in the game.

Map is simply as it is basically the player attacking a large motor pool though yeah you have to deal with a lot of tanks and at the start you only have like 5 technical and a stolen tank.

depending on the path the player takes changes the last mission if the player takes the stealth path, the ENEMY numbers will be cut by 10% with there accuracy cut by 5%. though if the player took the land assault path, they get several rebel units at the start of the mission and 2 technical spawns making the last mission easier in the assault.

THE REBELS
info: uses more rag tag versions of the soldiers models from the zombie mod. are armed with weapons that fit this.

WEAPONS primary (I will make any that do not exist)
AK-47
spas-12
mossberg500
double barrel (shotgun has only 2 shots but fires 8 pellets per shot)
p90 (rare.. duh)
mp5 police (none suppressed mp5 25 round mag slightly higher kill chance)
revolver (player picks this up as a secondary... if not possible then not a weapon for them)

weapons secondary
rpg-7
medkit
cover deploy
binoculars

weapons thrown
rocks (wound if hit directly yes I can make this)

sup units

rebel prepper
info: a rebel with a vest and a gas mask (aka a rebel with a vest II acts as their officers as rebels do not have "Ranks")
WEAPONS PRIMARY
xm8
f2000
aa-12
VSS
p90 (most common weapon they have)

weapons secondary
ALL RPG's (all three of them can be spawned)
riot shield

thrown
molotov (thrown grenade has a fire like explosion wounds all targets in range)
hand grenade (standard old hand grenade)

Doctors
weapon primary: disabled
weapon secondary: medkit x4
note: runs from battle, but heals all wounded.

The collector
info: a special rebel that spawns after breaking a tower in the capital, this rebel is armed with a microgun vest III and strangely a fur suit or a hazmat suit. has no given name and is called "THE collector"
weapon: RWRA1 microgun (currently a concept weapon)
secondary: NA
vest: Vest III

note: this is the only ally the player gets in the capital mission besides the elites that spawn at the start with a vest III. This AI would also be set to avoid using cover so yeah watch out.

Police force
info: freed after capturing a part of the city, spawn as rares as well.

primary weapons
MP5 police
spas-12
m24-a1
m79 riot (a m79 that fires the same grenades as the flasher)

secondary weapons
revolver
glock17 suppressed

grenades
stun grenades

vest: vest II

CITIZENS
not rebels but spawn on the capital mission they are not armed and act as a passive faction, many are captured and kept in open air cells to try in discurage attacks on an area, destroying the locks on these cells will free them for each one that makes it to an armory the player gets 10RP and another ally to the max soldiers.

DIALOG EXAMPLE: http://pastebin.com/yyFFahBu

Note: I can make the weapons and base models for the rebel faction if this idea is even considered the thing is they will require special animations and dialogs for everything, and I mean everything as they would in essence be a 4th faction though the player will be allied with them for the last missions.

I could hackish make this work by setting up a faction that has the default soldier set to 0 spawn with the civilian types set to over whelm the spawn, and use a different weapon set. (I think I can do this). the problem would be keeping the players faction elites and standard soldiers as what comes in from calls.

yeah I would only be able to really do the models and base line stuff for a concept of this.

OK now for co-op on this, for the official servers I would suggest that the campaign do a coin flip between the current stealth rush mission or the motor pool destruction one then end in the capital retake. instead of the fortress that will be the single player campaign.

basicly co-op would have the first mission of the boss missions as the last and a random middle one with OUT the AI soldiers as the first. (aka motor pool attack would not have the citizens to use the technical's or the stolen tank) though the capital attack would have the citizens, most of the free them events will be removed and the AI enemy will have more elite soldiers.

Post subject: Re: BOSS CHANGE IDEA
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:10 pm 

This idea is really thought out and would be damn awesome to play. Would reinforce the need for cooperation in RWR