It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:39 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 53 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 169

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:19 am 

you really don't know many people of faith, I know more then a few hard believers that would just be happy to have the books in as game, even if it is a side item which can be looted or stashed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 am 

warbrand2 wrote:
..... I know more then a few hard believers that would just be happy to have the books in as game, even if it is a side item which can be looted or stashed.
Totally disagree, I also know quite believing(orthodox Christians) and am convinced that none of them would want to see the Bible in this way.

Well, I assumed that something like this could happen, since it seems this became something like dispute between believers and atheists. So perhaps it would be better if devs lock the thread and consider removing/replacing those religious symbols with something else.

EDIT
warbrand2 wrote:
you really don't know many people of faith........
BTW since Muslims are highly believers I bet, he know many people of faith. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

Last edited by DIO on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:07 am 

Is it better to set their value to 2RP? Because soldiers had those books in war, thats for sure. But probably no one collected em during battle or sold anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:32 am 

Alright, I'm here to take out the trash.

1. OP has a valid concern and it does not hinge on any religion. It's called good manners lol and it used to be a thing back before our appetites for order were redirected toward chaos. DEBATE ME. 8-)

2. Fishmonger (comjak alt? 8-)) went full fedora on page 3 and pretty much kicked this thread into high autism with what seems to be a usual case of smug atheism. Even the spam bot that posted 4 posts prior made more sense than his hyperbole and "TYPICAL RELIGIOUS CRAP LOL" lol. OP was right to call it out.

3. On topic: I don't think mere offense is a good enough reason for the devs to remove anything from the game, since some are offended even by removing them now haha. I think if someone can show that it really is disparaging to have the 2 books on the ground, then we should consider whether it really is appropriate to keep it that way.

And I don't think "Well the people I know..." suffices either since they're likely not trained on religious doctrine, laymen being notorious for making bad calls. Maybe a citation of an encyclical or fatwa? 8-)

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:07 am 

"Value" is a construct of human consciousness.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:35 am 

DIO wrote:
So perhaps it would be better if devs lock the thread and consider removing/replacing those religious symbols with something else.

I am not even close to think about it. If someone feels offended then it's none of my business, it can be EASILY fixed by changing the name of the object or/and texture by the offended player.
Stop making a big deal out of something that clearly isn't. Why not completely removing the game from Steam while we are at it, hu? It's about killing people at the end... Shouldn't that be MUCH more of an issue?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:35 pm 

Le JackMayol is righte. If we were to remove stuff just because some people deem it offensive then we wouldn't be left with much at all. I'd probably be banned, and where would you guys be without me? 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:02 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
I am not even close to think about it. If someone feels offended then it's none of my business, it can be EASILY fixed by changing the name of the object or/and texture by the offended player.
Stop making a big deal out of something that clearly isn't. Why not completely removing the game from Steam while we are at it, hu? It's about killing people at the end... Shouldn't that be MUCH more of an issue?
Well, I would not want to go further, but allow me not to be agree. I do not know whether this is a problem or not, or whether it is big or not, but if so many people posting so many different opinions it might be a problem and/or at least this might grow into something bigger. The religion is very delicate theme and just because the game is about killing people such symbols should not be be included imo.
Also any disputes of ethnic, gender, racial or religious themes should be avoided, but who am I to say what should be done - just an ordinary person living in Eastern Europe..... sounds a bit disappointing since I was thinking that the Western society is a bit more religious.
BTW I can't see the relation to the removal of the steam since we are discussing a game aspect tho. ;)
And meanwhile if you look at the earliest posts you'll see that I'm not the one who posted for that as a problem.... in neither of the two similar topics.

Thanks for understanding, I'm out.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:24 pm 

DIO wrote:
Well, I would not want to go further, but allow me not to be agree. I do not know whether this is a problem or not, or whether it is big or not, but if so many people posting so many different opinions it might be a problem and/or at least this might grow into something bigger. The religion is very delicate theme and just because the game is about killing people such symbols should not be be included imo.

I don't see any uproar over the inclusion of religious texts here. The theme of the game isn't murdering people, but killing in a war which we can't judge the morality of since we don't have any details. Unless you can explain why either religion requires a doctrine of pacifism (inb4 smug remark) I don't think anybody is justified in getting upset.

DIO wrote:
Also any disputes of ethnic, gender, racial or religious themes should be avoided, but who am I to say what should be done - just an ordinary person living in Eastern Europe..... sounds a bit disappointing since I was thinking that the Western society is a bit more religious.

The West may be more religious irl but you're not going to find it on the internet. Especially in the even more degenerate video game culture desperately searching for their parentless virtual realities. They get all mad too because fundies are obviously preventing black scientists on reddit from finding a way to upload their consciousness to Steam cloud with their stupid, racist, anti-fun metaphysics. So now they have to face the very real possibility that there may not even be doritos in the afterlife. It's just sad bro.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:27 am 

Quote:
The West may be more religious irl but you're not going to find it on the internet. Especially in the even more degenerate video game culture desperately searching for their parentless virtual realities. They get all mad too because fundies are obviously preventing black scientists on reddit from finding a way to upload their consciousness to Steam cloud with their stupid, racist, anti-fun metaphysics. So now they have to face the very real possibility that there may not even be doritos in the afterlife. It's just sad bro.

What the HELL are you going on about, m8?