It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:12 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 162

All times are UTC

Post subject: Detailed Squad Commands
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 pm 

After playing RWR for some time I now can command an 8 man squad. The problem is that that I can only tell them to move, stay and (if in a vehicle) watch an area, and get out of a vehicle. The problem with this is that for a top-down tactical shooter I can't use it in enough situations fast enough to make an impact on the battlefield.

What I would like to see implemented is more tactical commands.

Suppressing Fire: You order your squad to continuously fire on a designated spot to make sure the enemy doesn't fire on you when you move towards them or keep them in that position long enough for an artillery strike.

Stealth Mode: Since the AI can't use silenced weapons yet it would be cool to see them try to sneak up behind enemies and knife them or be prone and open fire once you do.

Obliterate: You order your squad to throw grenades ( the squad member who still have grenades) on a designated position (the ones who don't will just continuously fire on that position).

Charge: I've heard that if you double click on a position your squad members will run up to that position regardless if they are being fired upon or not. I had tried this many times but, they do not charge. Another thing you could add to this is the squad moving to that position while laying suppressing fire.

Fire On That Vehicle: (If you have infantry) you would place your reticle over an enemy vehicle and issue this command and the vehicle will be highlighted and your squad members' priority will be to destroy and or seize it (if they don't have rockets or grenades). If you have a squad on a vehicle you could order the gunners to fire on it with this command (making it their priority). I would like to see this of all the commands implemented first because the AI thinks that one guy across the screen is more important than the APC currently a foot away from the tank and is wearing down the armor.

For all this to be possible you would need a on-the-screen layout of commands (like the layout you would use to call in air drops).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:32 pm 

Most of these proposals have been discussed more than once in the past. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.