It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 104

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:37 am 

These quality of life UI additions would add to a more polished experience.

- Crouch indicator
* I've been told this is for realism. If it was 'realistic' we'd be counting our bullets too. Crouch indicator would make the game simply more accessible.
* It can be hard to see/find your character at times, snipers cannot see their bodies off screen.
* Remember, I said accessible. If you're on a very niche forum for a game, you're likely competent at it. this change does not affect you much. I first started, I didn't know this place existed, and after getting picked off a few times thinking I was crouched, I was frustrated I couldn't just look at a damned icon. And if you didn't like it, a hardcore server can turn it off, or devs can work nights to make it a toggle feature.

- Reload prompt
* For players under 500 exp

-removing the only active UI icons in the game- the colored player helmets- and replacing them with literally anything else
* Of all the ui quality of life changes, this one only addresses what I think could be removed. Few players need to know where others are while playing (instead of just looking at the map) and players that do simply communicate- "meet me at west trench armory" is all it takes.
My friend leaned over my shoulder and asked what all the dots on the edge of the screen meant, and I realized they were all just player helmets. I tune them all out without realizing it. They're not in the way, but what the information they provide is useless. I'd rather have icons showing me what I can't see off map- like the closest stash, the closest armory, the direction I last spawned in, perhaps a player-placed icon on the map, where the armies capture location is, letting me see where other players are calling in artillery or reinforcements, spotted vehicles, etc, or even just the helmets of just my squad mates (people I care about)

- Reworked line-of-sight interface
* simply changing opacity+color of things would be acceptable

- A visible icon on spotted, captured, friendly tanks manned by enemy soldiers
Sometimes, friendly tanks are stolen by enemy units. The tank does not say "Stolen!" like it sometimes does, and you can only tell after it opens fire or you mouse over the actual enemy troop sitting inside. An icon appearing after a friendly soldier mouses over an enemy troop, 'spotting' the tank as hostile would be good.
Even just changing the vehicle icon on the map to red would be acceptable.

-Label the capture meter, or display it as a labeled percentage.
* It means absolutely nothing to me as a new player. It might have been covered briefly in the tutorial, but I didn't see it. I thought it was my health, and the crosshairs and shield icons just confused me at first.

- Put capture timers at the top of the screen, labeled
West Trench - Will be captured by <army> in <x> seconds!
*It doesn't have to be big and obvious, just labeled

-When entering vehicles, instead of the 'Space' prompt to press space to enter the vehicle, it could be replaced with a label that says what seat you're getting into. Or 'space' but labeled above it.

-Changing tutorial to display in-game, instead of an interactive, singular map. I didn't know you had to mouse over signs my first time playing to read them, and I didn't even find all of the signs.

Feel free to discuss these suggestions with me and contribute your own