It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 62

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:56 am 

I have problem to modding because of narrow armory inventory view (also radio call inventory). For example, I couldn't add radio calls over 14. If i add the fifteenth, i can't select it in game as it get out through the top of game screen like gurren lagann. i think the cause is base line that is located the center of gameplay screen. so inventory spread out from center to top, some radio calls get out through the roof. Armory is also like that. The only difference is armory inventory are lying unlike radio call inventory.

this game is modding friendly right? It need to fix for add more new weapons and radio calls.

p.s thanks for reading and sry for my ugly eng.... :(

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

The UI elements have been made to fit vanilla's content mostly so it is possible you'll find these limitations when you start adding lots of stuff.

You might need to find alternative ways to provide the features you're after in your mod.

For example, it's possible to place armory interaction points which are configured to show different sets of items. You'd need to go into map modding at this point to place those interaction points around the static armories, or, create several types of mobile armory trucks where each provides different items.

In the vehicle case, the item_container tag can take in a soldier_group parameter. You'd add a new soldier tag in a faction and define resources for that group, and the vehicle's armory interaction point would then show items available for that group.

In the map case, you'd probably locate an existing item_supply (or weapon_rack, it's an alias), and duplicate it somewhere nearby the armory mesh. In its description field you could add soldier_group = xyz; for this point to show xyz group's items.

The radio UI is more problematic. One way that comes to mind is that you'd use hotkeys that you'd use to browse pages of calls. You'd need to have a piece of script running in the mod that would listen for a particular chat command coming from the player via a hotkey and react to it by changing the set of enabled call resources in the player's faction (http://runningwithrifles.gamepedia.com/ ... _interface you'd register a Tracker object to listen to a chat_event and send faction_resources commands to the game). Hotkeys can be defined with hotkeys.xml (download this http://www.runningwithrifles.com/wp/hotkeys.xml for basis and place it somewhere in your mod folder), there are key bindings in the key config menu. I know this would be quite a bit of work, but hey, at least it's possible :) The obvious downside with this approach would be that the available calls for bots in the faction would change each time you change the page, but depending on the mod it might be acceptable, maybe you have no friendly bots or they don't need to use calls. Same goes for using it together with other players online.

Quite likely other possibilities exist as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:31 pm 

pasik wrote:
For example, it's possible to place armory interaction points which are configured to show different sets of items. You'd need to go into map modding at this point to place those interaction points around the static armories, or, create several types of mobile armory trucks where each provides different items.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what do you exactly mean by this? Especially the mobile armory trucks thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:36 am 

Bredf wrote:
pasik wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what do you exactly mean by this? Especially the mobile armory trucks thing.

You can download the Overlord Defense mod for example and see how it's done, as it uses custom armories (mobile armory not having the default items and supply box being also another type of armory with a different set of items too).

From wehrmacht.xml there is a soldier group for each of those:

Code:
   <!-- -------------- -->
   <!-- supply box group -->
   <!-- -------------- -->
   <soldier name="supply" spawn_score="0.0">
      <resources file="supply.resources" />

<!-- low XP, likely to join player squad -->
      <attribute_config class="xp">
         <attribute weight="1.0" min="0.0" max="0.05" />
      </attribute_config>
   </soldier> 

<!-- -------------- -->
   <!-- custom armory group -->
   <!-- -------------- -->
   <soldier name="custom_armory" spawn_score="0.0">
      <resources file="custom_armory.resources" />

<!-- low XP, likely to join player squad -->
      <attribute_config class="xp">
         <attribute weight="1.0" min="0.0" max="0.05" />
      </attribute_config>
   </soldier>

then in the respective supply_box.vehicle and mobile_armory.vehicle files you have:

Code:
  <item_container class="armory" offset="0 1 0" soldier_group="supply" />

and

Code:
  <item_container class="armory" offset="0 1 -6" soldier_group="custom_armory" />

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:57 pm 

I didn't know this was possible so it looked a bit strange for me at first, hence my previous post :| . What happens if a player of a faction that doesn't have a supply or custom_armory soldier group tries to access the armory of these two vehicles?