It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 124

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:51 am 

Introduction:

Hello guys. I got this game at the most recent sale and I have 120 hours in it already! I absolutely love it and during gameplay I got a few ideas for equipment that could be added to the game. I'll try my best to justify these additions and to explain how they benefit the game. I will also offer my opinion of how their stats should be. I expect to be spending a lot of time on this so detailed feedback would be much appreciated. If the devs find the time to give their own thoughts, even better! Without further ado...

MG4

Here are my proposed stats:

Price: 20 RP
Magazine Size: 100
Fire Rate: 937
Accuracy Factor: 0.57
Recoil: 0.5
Recoil Recovery: 0.8
Kill Probability: 0.46
Accuracy Falloff: 33.3
Maximum Range: 66.5
Speed Modifier: -5
Commonness: Unlock Weapon

The magazine size of 100 is pretty standard for an LMG. The fire rate of 937 would be the second highest among all LMGs, trailing behind the MG42. Accuracy factor is shared with the M240, while the Recoil value is the middle ground between the three common LMGs and the MG42. Recoil recovery is standard among the common LMGs, and kill probability is the lowest among all LMGs, tying with the PKM. Accuracy Falloff and Maximum Range are also shared with the PKM, while the Speed Modifier is shared with the Stoner. Since on average it's only slightly better than the stock LMGs with its own set of disadvantages, it should be an unlockable weapon.

These stats make MG4 out to be a rapid firing weapon that will quickly exhaust its magazine capacity. It is great for long bursts due to its low recoil buildup, but its accuracy is nothing particularly impressive. The speed modifier was chosen to make it good for moving cover to cover, as it would be the fastest "true LMG", tied with the Stoner. Overall, this version of MG4 is a lightweight, rapid firing weapon with unimpressive long range performance.

Pecheneg Bullpup

When I started playing around with the rare weapons, one thing I immediately noticed was the complete lack of "traditional" LMGs. This game has a very distinct mechanic for LMGs, that is, you need to be in cover or in prone position to be able to fire them. However, there are only two rare LMGs in this game, and the one that is commonly available, the Stoner LMG, is more akin to an assault rifle with large capacity. It shouldn't be dismissed as an LMG, as high capacity is one of their features, but that leaves the coveted collector's item MG-42 as the only "true" rare LMG. I'll go on a tangent here and say that this isn't because I can't get my hands on an MG-42, because I think it's something that could have come to your mind. My problem with this is that, there is simply room for addition as most players will never be able to experience a "true" rare LMG as it stands, and we would stand to benefit from the addition of another rare LMG.

Two new LMGs at once may seem redundant, but I think there's more room for more rare LMGs considering how similar some of the other rares can be to each other. My rare LMG suggestion is the PKP Pecheneg's rarer Bullpup variant. The usual PKP looks similar to the PKM, but a bullpup LMG that isn't a rifle conversion is quite unprecedented in shooter games overall. As the MG4 filled the fast firing, lightweight, inaccurate rare LMG role, this weapon is supposed to be almost the exact opposite!

Price: 250 RP
Magazine Size: 150
Fire Rate: 545
Accuracy Factor: 0.75
Recoil: 0.8
Recoil Recovery: 1.2
Kill Probability: 0.62
Falloff Start: 42
Maximum Range: 75
Speed Modifier: -10
Commonness: 0.0001
Special Feature: x1.2 zoom

About half as common as the VSS Vintorez (and as common as the Barrett), the Pecheneg Bullpup boasts the highest kill probability among all LMGs, tied with the MG-42. Its fire rate is below that of all LMGs, tying with the G36. The very, very slight zoom (as it is supposed to have an optic) gives the Pecheneg Bullpup a little bit of an advantage at longer ranges, and its generous 150 round magazine will indeed last long at its fire rate, but the user may find themselves to be overrun by numerous enemies at close range. With its speed modifier, it allows the user to move as fast as with the M240. It's also the most accurate among all LMGs with the fastest recoil recovery.

These stats put the Pecheneg Bullpup at a long range, sustained fire support role, laying down accurate bursts of fire. There is no such LMG currently in the game, with the possible exception of MG-42 which achieves accuracy through sheer fire rate, but it is still distinct regardless.

Steyr AUG

Added in 1.31

Chain SAW

Price: 550 RP
Magazine Size: 150
Fire Rate: 1200
Accuracy Factor: 0.5
Recoil: 1.5
Recoil Recovery: 0.8
Kill Probability: 0.46
Accuracy Falloff: 30
Maximum Range: 72
Speed Modifier: -40
Commonness: 0.00005
Special Feature: Sound Suppressor

I find this weapon to be an interesting concept and I think it can have an interesting role in this game too. It's held and used like the Microgun, meaning it would appear to be a slower firing, slightly less cumbersome and silenced counterpart to the minigun. However, the rest of its stats are more in tune with regular LMGs. It's also reminiscent of the QBW-05, with a similar accuracy profile. And don't be fooled by "slower firing", as it shares the blistering fire rate of MG-42.

Beretta 93R

Added in 1.31

APR

Added in 1.31

PPSh-41

Although a copy of the Finnish KP-31 Suomi, the PPSh-41 was an excellent SMG with a high fire rate and gentle handling. This is meant to be a Very Rare old weapon, such as the MG-42 and Lahti, and as such, it's performance will be a bit exaggerated in its stats. The reason I chose the PPSh-41 over the Suomi is that Lahti is already a Finnish weapon, so a WWII Soviet weapon is the, in my opinion, better choice.

Price: 950 RP
Magazine Size: 71
Fire Rate: 1000
Accuracy Factor: 0.8
Recoil: 0.3
Recoil Recovery: 3
Kill Probability: 0.5
Accuracy Falloff: 40
Maximum Range: 45
Speed Modifier: 0
Commonness: 0.00001

Packing the lowest recoil, highest capacity and highest fire rate among all SMGs, the PPSh-41 comes with a fairly average kill rate and great recoil recovery, at the expense of base inaccuracy. With its accuracy falloff and maximum range stats, it's a bit behind the AK74U. Overall, it should be close to the MG-42 in performance, except a bit weaker in some areas while being much more mobile.

SCAR SSR

Excluding the Vintorez, which is fully automatic, with low zoom anyway, the only semi-automatic, full power sniper in the game is the stock Dragunov. As Barrett/Lahti are the only rare sniper rifles and as both are overkill against most enemies you'll face, I propose the SCAR SSR, which is meant to be an upgrade over Dragunov with better performance across the board, without Barrett's incredible armor penetration.

Price: 250 RP
Magazine Size: 20
Fire Rate: 120
Accuracy Factor: 1
Recoil: 2
Recoil Recovery: 1
Kill Probability: 1
Accuracy Falloff: 171
Maximum Range: 190
Speed Modifier: -8
Commonness: 0.0001
Special Feature: x1.6 zoom

With equal rarity to the Barrett, the SCAR SSR packs a large 20 round magazine alongside a comfortable fire rate of 120 RPM, which, while still far below the VSS Vintorez, is x1.5 times Dragunov's fire rate. Compared to the Dragunov, the SSR recoils less and recovers from its recoil more quickly, while sharing the 1 Kill Probability with the other two stock sniper rifles. It shares its accuracy and maximum range with the PSG-90, which is the best in that metric among the stock sniper rifles, but it is the third heaviest rifle in terms of movement speed. Overall, the SCAR-20 is meant to be a true sniper just like Dragunov and not a hybrid like the VSS Vintorez, but compared to Barrett, it should be less effective against armored enemies and more effective against common ones.

----------------------------------------------

Click this link to go to the Workshop page for the test mod for these items

Last edited by DarkyVX on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:36 am, edited 23 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:02 am 

The only one I dont like is the rocket launcher, as the javelin already fits the roll very perfectly. plus, .0003 is too rare.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:55 pm 

I myself was not convinced about the Shmel so I replaced it with what I find to be a better idea, the Chain SAW which would be a silenced, miniature microgun. Nanogun?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 am 

the accuracy on that silenced lmg is too horrendous to be reliable. maybe improve the accuracy factor but increase the recoil.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:37 pm 

scar would be cool

Carbide 500R White Edition | P5QL-PRO P43/ICH10 | Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.73 Ghz | CNPS 9900 MAX Blue | XMS2 DHX 4x2 Gb @ 826 Mhz | GeForce GTX 750 TI @ 1420 Mhz 2 Gb GDDR5 @ 6300 Mhz | GameSurround Muse 5.1 | Caviar Black 2 Tb 7200 RPM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:54 pm 

Well that's it, my ideas have ran dry and they've all been implemented in the demonstration mod. Enjoy!