It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:08 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 109

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Online suggestions!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:22 pm 

1. I do know that there is more then one type of shotgun ammo, but personally, how many games have you come across that had more then one type of Shotgun ammo? I can only recall one, and thats Fallout NV. Also, I would like to see you fire a shotgun from the shoulder, and try to stay on your feet. But all in all, saying that will not make any sense unless you provide me with evidence and a sensible reason that people fire shotguns from the shoulder.

2. What in good Fuck is this suppost to mean? This sentence is simply saying that Shotguns are used by a number of people, which is true. What you do not say anything about is their range, which is limited to close range only. The second bit makes some more sense, but still. The Zombies are SLOW. They would never get that close to you as long as you kept a good distance from them, and going over to them sounds like a very stupid choice to make once compared with the option to take a Rifle and attack them from a good far away range. And all you do at the end is prove my point to the only use of shotguns in this gamemode. >.>

3. I made the mistake of making it sound like Zombie skulls were superior to Human Skulls which they do not. Thats my bad there, but This whole thing goes back to my "Its A Game" Argument at the first point.

4. And at this point I know you play too many games. Have you ever "Really" Fired a Shotgun? Then you shouldn't be talking about recoil in till you do. And I am not trolling when I say "Send you flying", I am using a literary devices its called a Hyperbole. (( P.S. Saying that you really did fire one at this point must be a lie, because: A. You could've used it in a pervious Argument, and B. You could just pull it out of your ass now That I have given you the idea to say it. ))

5. AT this point you go into "Completely Off-Topic" land. I cannot scavange anything from this because it does not make any sense for you to say it. But from what I can see inside it, the Shotgun would suck pretty hard Compared to a Rifle, which is far more accurate and long-range then the Shotgun, making it the superior Zombie killer.

But Dude, calm down. This is the internet, and if anyone is the troll here, its you for making such a big fight out of it.

This RP Site is pathetically Small. Help us Grow it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 am 

I just have a question, have you ever actually shot a shotgun? Honestly, the recoil is nothing to right home about.
There are two main types of shotgun ammunition, shotshell and slugs. Shotshell consists of lead beads of variable size stuffed into a shell. This is the "spread" ammunition, most commonly used in skeet and bird hunting. Slugs are solid pieces of lead that are more accurate at longer ranges. Here's some video aid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lh_ziIqrig (I don't have experience embedding with this format so bear with me...or is it bare?)
12 gauge slug, 100 yards: 3/5 hits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQearB6S ... re=related
Again, 12 gauge slug (he starts shooting around 1:40), same distance: 3/8 all on the head, I might add. ;)

It's obviously not the end-all be-all, but long-range shotgun shots are possible and sometimes practical (mostly in hunting).

Shotguns are usually portrayed in video games as short-range, wide-spread weapons, because it fills a niche. I think the best portrayal of shotguns in video games I've played is the TOZ-194 (slug) in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and the hunting rifle in Fallout: NV. Both were able to make good shots a whee bit past 50 yards, which was quite surprising the first time I tried them. :D

So, conclusion, shotguns are a good medium to short range weapon, and, in a pinch, can be used at long ranges. Oh, and hunting shotguns are quite effective at securitrons with their backs turned. That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:41 pm 

Thats the stupidiest counter I have ever heard. EVER. Do you know why shotguns were EVEN INVENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE? CLOSE QUARTER COMBAT.

And also, 3 out of 8 on the head? Thats not exactly the most reliable ratio in the world. 37.5%? I would like a Rifle much more. And for your information, I have a book with some pretty damn good arguements againist the use of shotguns on Zombies, however, I have seemed to misplace it (I know that sounds supicious, but I swear I have it).

Also, the Hunting rifle in Fallout NV, is A a FU*KING RIFLE. Shotguns are short-range weapons, and thats what they forever will be, because that is why they were created in the first place.

This RP Site is pathetically Small. Help us Grow it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14 pm 

Now, I've been trying to be civil and give your arguments a thought, and I would appreciate if you would do the same.

Shotguns descended from the blunderbuss, a colonial firearm, and both were originally used for such things as hunting, riot control, and self-defense. They were used by cavalry during the Civil and Indian wars, but it wasn't until World War 1 that shotguns were found to be effective in clearing the trenches.

I did not say that shotguns are a completely effective long-range weapon, I merely suggested it was possible.

When I said hunting rifle, I meant hunting shotgun. Which should have been fairly obvious, given the context, but they are completely different words, so I can see where you got confused.

The Zombie Survival Guide, yes I have it as well. It doesn't completely dissuade you from using it, but it does say applications are low.

I am not saying the shotgun is the best zombie weapon. What I am saying is that it would be a fun addition to the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:18 pm 

Stop fighting. Seriously. It's downright annoying.

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 am 

Rendered wrote:
Stop fighting. Seriously. It's downright annoying.

Eh, I'm down with that. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 am 

And ever since, Online suggestions! turned into a flame war about shotguns.

Let's just add bear cavalry with USAS12's and stop arguing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:49 pm 

Uh, Chlo, you noticed the flamewar died four days ago, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:00 pm 

Commander Keen wrote:
Uh, Chlo, you noticed the flamewar died four days ago, right?

No, not really. I cbf to look at the dates. Besides, USAS12 bear cavalry would be win.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:53 pm 

Quote:
Besides, USAS12 bear cavalry would be win.

No argument against that :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next