It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:01 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 55 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 192

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bodies for cover
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:46 pm 

At some point it was suggested that you be able to drag bodies around (Hiding them during stealth ops, and getting them from a battle so you can heal them for medics)

I like this, and if it's done, could the bodies be made to take bullets when dead, so that one could take cover behind them?

Post subject: Re: Bodies for cover
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 pm 

Waldo wrote:
At some point it was suggested that you be able to drag bodies around (Hiding them during stealth ops, and getting them from a battle so you can heal them for medics)

I like this, and if it's done, could the bodies be made to take bullets when dead, so that one could take cover behind them?

That'd be.... interesting.

"SIR! We're running out of sandbags!"

"Grab the bodies!"
"Whaat?!"
"The bodies! Use them for cover!"
"But Sir! That's just... wrong!"
"USE THE BODIES!"

o.o

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:07 pm 

You know you like it.

All those times where you're stuck in a defensive position, and you could move up, if ONLY there was some defensive position ahead of you where you just killed all those guys...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:11 pm 

Waldo wrote:
You know you like it.

All those times where you're stuck in a defensive position, and you could move up, if ONLY there was some defensive position ahead of you where you just killed all those guys...

Hah, rocks are fine for me, but that'd be nice for the airport. :\

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:14 pm 

Waldo wrote:

Nice, I like the idea.
=D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:55 am 

1. Bodies are not Bulletproof. Sure it'd probably take most shots from smaller caliber weapons but bullets do GO THROUGH people. If you made it so bullets didn't go through dead bodies well then you have a bunch of people walking around pretty much invulnerable to front shots. Plus, you didn't specify if you're using the body as a meat shield or like some strange cover. You really can't prop up a dead guy like a wall and hide behind him.... and as for meat shields is my next response.

2.I highly doubt in a fast action packed game you're going to try and lift up an over 100 lb man and use him as a shield AND try to aim, let alone DRAG him in front of you while you walk forward.

Dragging them away for stealth ops would be nice though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:58 am 

McChunks wrote:
1. Bodies are not Bulletproof. Sure it'd probably take most shots from smaller caliber weapons but bullets do GO THROUGH people. If you made it so bullets didn't go through dead bodies well then you have a bunch of people walking around pretty much invulnerable to front shots. Plus, you didn't specify if you're using the body as a meat shield or like some strange cover. You really can't prop up a dead guy like a wall and hide behind him.... and as for meat shields is my next response.

2.I highly doubt in a fast action packed game you're going to try and lift up an over 100 lb man and use him as a shield AND try to aim, let alone DRAG him in front of you while you walk forward.

Dragging them away for stealth ops would be nice though.

1: No, but it's enough to absorb a couple of shots, it doesn't have to be the best cover in the game, in fact it shouldn't be. It just has to be better than letting your bum hang out in the middle of a firefight. Okay, I didn't specify that, it's some strange cover, the bodies on the ground, run next to it, kneel down, and boom, some bullets are hitting someone's who's already dead, a hundred lbs is a crazy understatement, most people are about 150-200, plus 50 lbs of gear.

2: I think you're seriously overestimating how fast paced this game is. Strategy is everywhere, and these provide just another option for cover. Of course, most people won't be repositioning bodies in the middle of a firefight, that's not what it's for. The comment about dragging was more as a mention that if one could already interact with the bodies, this is just another function they could do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:45 am 

How much cover would a guy laying flat on the ground give you if your kneeling down on one side of them? Unless the soldier is like, Super Fat there is no way that would give you any cover at all.

And IMO it'd would be worse than not using a body for cover because not only are you being shot while your using the a body for protection but you wouldn't be able to shoot back!(That is if your standing with it).

Yes there is a lot of strategy involved, but it doesn't seem practical.
Waldo wrote:
McChunks wrote:
over 100 lb man
a hundred lbs is a crazy understatement, most people are about 150-200, plus 50 lbs of gear.

I said OVER a hundred pounds. Yes I know how much a person weighs + the weight of gear, I was just stating the fact that 100 lbs and OVER you're not going to bother trying to lift him in front of you.
Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:38 am 

Body is on ground, run up, push body on side, crouch.

Body is ~2 feet wide, crouched person is ~4 feet tall.

4 foot target becomes 2 foot target.

Half as many rounds hitting you.

When fighting lulls, go some place else.

Where in that scenario does a person need to pick up 200 lbs of dead man?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:41 am 

So you can perfectly prop a body on it's side without it falling over. Let alone trying to roll the body over in fast enough time before you're filled full of bullets. And as to picking up a man, that would only be the case if you were standing with the body in front of you trying to lift it. Read my entire posts next time.