It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:49 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 68 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 154

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vehicles?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:53 pm 

One thing that I think would pretty cool, and I think most can agree, is vehicles. Vehicles would add a whole new element to the gameplay. A jeep would provide quick travel, an APC would provide protected, but slower transport. A tank would provide armor support, aswell as being able to capture territory faster. Some kind of anti-tank weaponry would be in order. Maybe not in the beginning, built possibly later on would be helicopters. An attack chopper for air support, and a transport chopper for, well... transport. Those are the ideas that I had, feel free to brainstorm more.

Post subject: Re: Vehicles?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 am 

Yep, i think this game would be awesome as a battlefield-esque game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 am 

Expanding the map would be nice as well, with vehicles, it will just look tiny.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:43 pm 

i'd love vehicles that helped with transport or supplying ammo. like jeeps/half tracks/apcs but things like tanks (unless they were very rare) may detract from the infantry which is what i love about this game so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm 

Keystone wrote:
i'd love vehicles that helped with transport or supplying ammo. like jeeps/half tracks/apcs but things like tanks (unless they were very rare) may detract from the infantry which is what i love about this game so far.

Precisely.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 pm 

I actually think tanks wouldn't be a bad idea. They would be powerful but move rather slow. A shot from an RPG to the side could disable its movement, and another shot would blow it up. A shot to the read could be an instant kill or instant disable.

The tanks would have to move slower than infantry and only be able to fire a main canon and a coaxial machinegun, otherwise it might be too powerful.

On the other hand, I don't think helicopters and planes would be a very good idea. There's no real way to aim up into the sky to shoot them down, unless they could only be countered by special AA sites which would suck.

An APC could work. It brings a lot of infantry to the front line while providing support with a machinegun. They could deploy a smokescreen to conceal infantry while they unload. A jeep would be a fast way to get a machinegun to the frontline or flank, but it would be extremely vulnerable.

As for anti-tank weapons, a modern day disposable launcher or even a LAW could potentially be carried by any soldier without encumbering them too much, but only be effective against APCs and light vehicles. Larger launcher like the SMAW would be more effective at taking out havier vehicles. A javelin might be overpowered, but a dragon or metis could be very effective tank killers.

EDIT: Support vehicles like a mobile respawn/supply point would be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

Vehicles will come, but it'll take time, I need to get a lot of other things right before we jump on the vehicle train.

The physics engine already allows vehicles, though I'm sure it would require quite an amount of parameter tweaking. The not-that-thought-out stuff comes from modeling the vehicles, teaching also the AI to drive them, animations for the soldiers to jump in/out from all of the possible sides, where the vehicles come from (are there yet another boring spawn points for them), etc..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 pm 

pasik wrote:
Vehicles will come, but it'll take time, I need to get a lot of other things right before we jump on the vehicle train.

The physics engine already allows vehicles, though I'm sure it would require quite an amount of parameter tweaking. The not-that-thought-out stuff comes from modeling the vehicles, teaching also the AI to drive them, animations for the soldiers to jump in/out from all of the possible sides, where the vehicles come from (are there yet another boring spawn points for them), etc..

My lord, get us online first!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

I will! :) My top thing todo now is privately hosted online games, I'd imagine it to be fun without the vehicles even for some time. Of course, WITH vehicles, it'd be beyond fun I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 pm 

pasik wrote:
I will! :) My top thing todo now is privately hosted online games, I'd imagine it to be fun without the vehicles even for some time. Of course, WITH vehicles, it'd be beyond fun I suppose.

Indeed, it'd also be nice to pick the amount of bots, and some form of chat.