It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:27 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 81

All times are UTC

Post subject: Co-op Zombie Mode
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 pm 

I just though it would be cool if a zombie mode was added, with a map that has big cities, with a large map (3 or 4 times the size it is now). You would start with only the knife, and 1 zombie would be randomly spawned in one of the cities (not needing to be the city you spawn in, it would be random). In each city, you have dummy civilians that walk about (and run from zombies), with no weapons, except a few guards with guns and in a military base somewhere on the map, actual army teams with automatic guns. Every human can be infected and become a zombie when attacked, and each time someone is attacked by a zombie, there is a chance they become infected (each attack would happen every 2 or so seconds, and the infection chance would be about 1/4). It takes each civilian about 15 seconds to become a zombie after becoming infected. This means that a lone zombie wouldn't be much harm to you at the start when you only have a knife, but a swarm would be a lot harder, so you really need to focus on getting better weapons, but at the start you have a good chance.

The reason I said it could be spawned anywhere is for more dynamic gameplay - either, you could risk going to the green zone on the map which indicates a zombie has taken it over (zombies can only spawn in green zones), and try and stop the infection before it properly starts, at the risk of being swarmed by larger amounts than expected, while you have bad weapons, or you could stock up and find good weapons and a lot of ammo, at the cost of having to fight a LOT more zombies than before because of the spreading infection. Whether the zombies are fast/slow, or mixed, could be an option (slow zombies RULE).

Now, each city would have specific advantages and disadvantages, which means that if you wish to survive, you will need to travel a lot. You would need food and water to survive, and you need water at least every 3 in-game days, and food every 5. This means that you are never stressed about needing to find too much food or water, but you still need to move about to fit your needs. The country in-between the cities would have small farms, so you could get unlimited food and water from there, but you would have little defense if a horde suddenly showed up. The cities would have some small handguns and small amounts of ammo, and a good supply of water, but most shops would run out of food quickly. However, to make cities more appealing, it would have lots of building you could defend yourself in, and alleys so you could run quickly. Also, bonuses could be found in certain places, in the form of make-shift weapons (rare flamethrowers, molotovs, home-made type weapons).

These weapons could not be found in the military base(s?), which would have more generic style sniper rifles and the assault rifle. To stop the military base being overpowered, firstly a notoriety meter would choose whether the soldiers allow you in, or shoot at you (you gain notoriety by killing guards or soldiers for their weapons/ammo, and other bad deeds). If you manage to get in, you would get access to an armory, and you can take out a gun and receive ammo every time it spawns (which is about every in-game day or so). A well would supply water, but you would still need to scout out for food. The real disadvantage is that by staying there, you cannot take over the green zones so you could win (you would need to attack the green zones for that), and if one person inside manages to get infected - you are pretty much screwed, since the base would be densely packed and you could be trapped in by the zombies spreading quickly throughout the complex.

Of course, this could all be coop as well as single player, and if one player dies, they either spectate until a respawn, which happens every minute (if all coop players die, the game ends, and the respawn time means you really need to avoid dying, since as well as losing all weapons, food and ammo stored on you, your partner would be in insane risk), or, depending on game settings, they become a "super"-zombie, which can see in the dark a lot more easily, walk slightly faster than other zombies, have other zombies following them (like the rank system does now), and also having every human highlighted in an reddish glow, and they would stand out a lot from the background.

I think I zombie mode would be AWESOME.

Post subject: Re: Co-op Zombie Mode
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 pm 

YES. And while I read this, I was reminded of this: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie ... sodes.html

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:48 pm 

I was thinking something more along the lines of Rogue Survivor where at the beginning the zombies are pretty pathetic and the only 'civilians' with any firearms are the police. As the days pass the zombies get a little tougher and the military might start getting involved, meaning you won't be able to get the best weapons near the beginning.

Being able to make blockades to slow zombies down would be nice as well. At the beginning you would only have wood and scrap metal and stuff, but as the military comes along they have rolls of barbed wire and stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 pm 

OzyThesage wrote:
I was thinking something more along the lines of Rogue Survivor where at the beginning the zombies are pretty pathetic and the only 'civilians' with any firearms are the police. As the days pass the zombies get a little tougher and the military might start getting involved, meaning you won't be able to get the best weapons near the beginning.

Being able to make blockades to slow zombies down would be nice as well. At the beginning you would only have wood and scrap metal and stuff, but as the military comes along they have rolls of barbed wire and stuff.

I don't really like increasingly stronger and faster zombies, :P. I have always longed for a game where they instead of getting "upgrades", there are just more, and more, and more. I don't like increasingly tough ones since it means you need to trash all your old weapons since they become useless.

I think the other ideas are good, the military getting involved and blockades!