It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 112

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Modding Tutorials
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:46 am 

Which sort of modding help do you need? BTW this weekend I DEFINITELY should get some progress in, finals are soon so essentially no homework.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:42 pm 

Pretty much everything. I'm very new to all this and I'd like to make custom character models and have them be animated and all that good stuff. But I'm patient and I can wait for you to make your vids.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:54 pm 

Editing the character models is as simple as making a weapon, just open it up in the editor and make your changes. The only additional thing you have to do is click the "Re-bind Skeleton" button so the pixels are correctly bound to the right areas of the body (wouldn't want a backpack moving with your legs, now would you? ;))

Animations are rather tricky to start off with, but get pretty easy once you start one. I can type a rather lengthy explanation as to what I do to make animations, although I'd rather not go through the trouble if bwc153's video is coming on soon. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 am 

Also the character models is covered in Video 2. Right now the videos I have not made are: Map making, animations: advanced weapons (IE: explosives or weapons that deal damage to vehicles), making custom vehicles. But the basic stuff one would need (basic weapons and weapon/character models) are there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:28 pm 

Question,

I was wondering if you plan on posting a tutorial on mapping? Because I wanted to work on a new map for my mod that is almost finished. I have the models, extra classes, and guns but I really want to make a map.

Please reply if possible. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 pm 

I'm slowly piecing together little bits of information here and there from my experience making a map.

From that I know, it's a tedious process that either requires some preivous Photoshop / general image editing skills or a LOT of time spent in Inkscape. It takes ages to make a map, but once you finish, it's pretty sweet. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:11 pm 

a map tutorial covering at least the basics and a bit more should be done soon, at least DoomMetal is working on it. Afaik he got all the script done, he just needs to record.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:05 pm 

Ok great thank you, my mod that I talked about is now available if anybody wants to check it out. Hope you enjoy. Also can't wait for that tutorial to come out, very pumped to work on my first map. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:29 pm 

Just wanna ask...
where can i find/add the "DETECTABILITY MODIFIER FOR VEST" code?, been searching everywhere but cant find it
thanks in advance.. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 pm 

Zephyr_OnomNomNom wrote:
Just wanna ask...
where can i find/add the "DETECTABILITY MODIFIER FOR VEST" code?, been searching everywhere but cant find it
thanks in advance.. :D

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1821#p11033

Voila, have fun! Mind you, that vest modifier only affects how the AI sees you - players can still see you perfectly fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next