It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 19

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:09 pm 

Hey all!
My friends and I want to make medieval mod for this game but for that we need melee weapons. And theres the problem.
Knife weapon cannot be found anywhere (or we are unable to do so). Can someone help us out?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:34 pm 

I asked on the IRC, and it's pretty simple. Use the medkit.weapon as a base, change the character_state from "unwound" to "death" (or whatever state you want the poor sap on the receiving end to be in). That's the very basic one, you can change the animations to a faster one, like the knife animations, which is "stabbing". Have fun with your medieval mod, I'd be happy to donate a few weapons, swords, bows, shields etc. to that now that I've learned this as well. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:47 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
I asked on the IRC, and it's pretty simple. Use the medkit.weapon as a base, change the character_state from "unwound" to "death" (or whatever state you want the poor sap on the receiving end to be in). That's the very basic one, you can change the animations to a faster one, like the knife animations, which is "stabbing". Have fun with your medieval mod, I'd be happy to donate a few weapons, swords, bows, shields etc. to that now that I've learned this as well. :D

Tnx man! I will try it today.
But there is also another question.
I have the rwr_editor but with it i can only (right) make new models. And i have made a lot of weapon models (its quite fun too! i never did 3d modeling before and this is amazing!), but i dont know how to make animations. Is there a separate program for animation making. I would like to make sword swinging, bow string pulling, taking arrow from a quiver, xbow reloading, spear bracing, horse riding (and other things).
Tnx in advance!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:06 pm 

The animations is a bit trickier to open up, I'll lead you to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1587
bwc153 has a pretty good tutorial on the basics. :)

I can do some of the animations, but not all of them - animations are easy to do, but take a long time (with lots of bug squishing). I've still got a life outside of this computer. ;)