It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:23 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 86

All times are UTC

Post subject: Modding Weapons - Armory
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:23 pm 

Hi Guys,

I need some help with modding in weapons which are already within the game. Basically I've already got it so that weapons such as the benelli m4 or the ak47 show up in the armory of the greenbelts, the problem is how do I get the UI to register the multiple guns and so show all of them because at the moment I can only add say 4-5 extra guns in before they go off to the left of the armory menu.

Regards
M.Cooper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

You can't, at least not currently. The inventory was designed for around 6 items per category, and we've already gone over it in vanilla too.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:31 pm 

Ahhh fair enough, are there any plans on improving this ? Just out of curiosity ?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:23 pm 

Oh Also another question, how come when ive added say 2 weapons to the armory screen in the menu screen they show up but when i start a new campaign they dont appear in the armory ?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

I do believe something will be done to enable better interaction with larger armories, not sure yet what it will be.. scaling down all items / partial overlapping / scrolling / pages / different armory door points for different resources, who knows.

The xml configurations you've been modifying are usable in lobby and quick matches. Campaign applies some modifications of its own to resource settings using scripts, so they end up overriding your changes.

You can mod the scripts too if you want to have your changes in the campaign. In 0.95 they're a bit scattered around, you'd find the resources loading setup in vanilla/scripts/trackers/common_invasion_variables.php, and faction resources would be found in vanilla/scripts/trackers/stage.php separated in a few functions. The next version 0.96 will have lots of that stuff changed in order to support campaign mods better, so if you're about to make lots of changes, you might want to wait for the new version to not end up in the maintenance and merge hell.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:01 pm 

Please avoid partial overlapping, the total war series from Empire onward is a brilliant example as to how bad partial overlapping can be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:25 am 

Given that this seems related to the mod I'm making(and it is slowly becoming a trouble on my end here), I'm totally down with the 'scrolling' or 'pages' option. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Noobmodmaker0808 wrote:
Given that this seems related to the mod I'm making(and it is slowly becoming a trouble on my end here), I'm totally down with the 'scrolling' or 'pages' option. :)

It has been completed already. Scaling down all items was the chosen approach. Can't remember to which extent it was tested, but I think it handles 30 items on a row fine.

The game also supports multiple armory interaction points which can provide different items, but you'd be looking into map editing too if you needed that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 am 

Ahhh...now that you've mentioned it, I now do notice that in effect. I was afraid I could only fit, like, ten guns per slot but back then I added five more past ten items and still I'm not reaching the edge, good one. And good to know! :)