It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:29 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 73

All times are UTC

Post subject: Simple Mod Suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:45 pm 

(This is my first post, sorry if it's a little wordy or in the wrong place)
I've really enjoyed RWR so far, but there are a few SIMPLE issues that perhaps some modders could remedy.

Disappearing corpses and debris: I'm not sure why, but dead bodies melting into the floor is always
an "eye-sore" in modern day games and the experience of a big battle would only be enhanced by corpses
littering the floor after confrontation. Now, the destroyed cars disappearing is more of a problem. Although
rare, it's rather annoying to be seeking cover behind a burnt car only to have it disappear right before an
enemy soldier shoots me down.

Ammunition: I think one of the most detrimental effects on RWR's game-play would be a lack of
ammunition restriction. If you can stay behind cover without moving for more than ten minutes, then the
game begins to get VERY dull. Having to worry about ammunition would force the player to keep moving and
could prevent WW1 style stagnation over small areas. Maybe the player could start with 3-5 clips and have
to make occasional trips back to the armory and refill.

Anyways, the above bolded words pretty much explains what I'd like to see fixed by modders.
Thanks for reading. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:10 am 

You can change the amount of bodies that are visible at any one time via a slider in the options menu. Although there really DOES have to be a limit due to how good your PC is - most people aren't going to have mega-computers that can run anything.

And ammunition might come into play at some point - but not until after the 1.0 release, if I remember what JackMayol said correctly. And it only might make it in, as RwR is more of an arcade shooter, and nothing close to realism.

It's shouldn't be an issue when the player is *supposed* to die every few minutes or seconds - you never have enough time to go through a few clips of ammo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:15 pm 

fuzzyjowls wrote:
Ammunition:.............
Sorry to say that, but what you'd like to see fixed by modders, doesn't mean it is good, applicable and will be done. ;)
It is obvious that such a thing would lead to a bunch of complications like:
- throwing and then picking back the wep - the result is?
- what would be the point if you are right next to the armory?
- taking the weps by dead soldiers - same ammo limit for them or?
- enemies respawning right in front of you - how to survive with 60-90 bullets only?
- doing a stealth/sabotage mission or trying to capture/hold a base - I do not imagine it with such limit
- and others.......

Well, I think gaining a more RWR experience might lead to reconsider your point of view, because yea, right, it is called Running With Rifles, but this doesn't mean you MUST RUN ALL THE TIME, isn? :P

Shortly said, if ammo limitation be implemented, I better start playing tetris

Btw it seems to me your topic is more appropriate to be in Suggestions instead Mods ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 pm 

DIO wrote:
Shortly said, if ammo limitation be implemented, I better start playing tetris

Don't worry, if limited ammo is ever implemented it's not gonna be in the vanilla game. ;)
I like the possibility of it in special modes though.