It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:03 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 27

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:28 am 

I am just curious of how i would go about changing the color of the line of sight helper indicator that is currently grey. it sometimes is hard to see it when you are on a map that has a similar ground color or a grey colored building or even when im in the middle of a firefight in a graveyard (grey colored tombstones) and i cant tell if i have a clear line of sight on the enemy to make a shot or if its just gonna hit the object in between us. i would like to be able to change the helper indicator color to something like bright green or something along those lines to help it stick out much better and not get camouflage with the rest of the map. if anyone can give me some answers or help it would be greatly appreciated :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Try changing media/packages/vanilla/textures/los.png for the line visual and aim_helper.png for the small hovering helper visual.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:46 pm 

yea i had already found these files and i am about to edit them as soon as i get my paintshop pro re-downloaded. couldnt see the actual reticle in MS paint. i appreciate the information pasik and thank you for not being one of those people that always have to tack on their crappy opinion that isnrt worth 2 cents :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:41 pm 

The little color dot in the reticle itself should change between Yellow (clear shot) and Red (no direct line of sight) if you have a clear shot or not. I actually don't use the "shadow" setting on the aim, because I find it distracting. And have come to use this dot in the reticle all the time to make sure I'll hit my target. Plus there is a tiny little cross hair that will show where along you line of sight the shot is blocked if it's not a clear line.
(Or is it the tiny little moving cross hair that you are speaking of, and not the long shadow itself? If I misunderstood, sorry about that and telling you things you may already know. XD )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:58 pm 

Ahh yes i was talking about the little grey X shaped reticle as i dont use the line shaped shadow. i already figured it out and i wasnt sure if it was the helper png file but it was. i appreciate all the help from you guys on the forum and i hope to see yall on one of the multiplayer servers sometime. i usually play on the (sas) invasion server, but now i notice there is a (sas) invasion server also hosted in the USA now so i am gonna switch over to it. thanks again for all the help and if i have anymore questions, i know where to ask :mrgreen: see yall around!