It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 106

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:46 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
In my current dev version of my WWII mod, I've got things like that. In the end, it's determined by the order you equip them in - the last one you put on or take will be the one that affects the skin. For example, in my mod, if you're holding an MG, you get a different soldier model with some grass in your helmet and ammo belts across your neck. But I've also got a paratrooper vest that changes your character model into, well, a paratrooper. If you put on the vest and then take an MG, then your character model will be the MG model. If you've got an MG and put on the vest, then your character model will be a paratooper.

Ah thanks, you've basically done exactly what I had in mind.

Any chance you could link me to your mod please? I wanted a WWII mod to play with!
Thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:25 pm 

SquellDay wrote:
Ah thanks, you've basically done exactly what I had in mind.

Any chance you could link me to your mod please? I wanted a WWII mod to play with!
Thanks a bunch.

I'm holding back on this rather big update until I can get a basic D-Day map up and running. You can find the mod in the Released/WIP mods section, it's called Running with Hedgerows.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 am 

The Soldier wrote:
I'm holding back on this rather big update until I can get a basic D-Day map up and running. You can find the mod in the Released/WIP mods section, it's called Running with Hedgerows.

Looks like me and you share similar interests, as I was attempting work on a D-Day map also but failed miserably so I sincerely hope you get yours working! I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:14 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
In my current dev version of my WWII mod, I've got things like that. In the end, it's determined by the order you equip them in - the last one you put on or take will be the one that affects the skin. For example, in my mod, if you're holding an MG, you get a different soldier model with some grass in your helmet and ammo belts across your neck..

What I'm trying to achieve with my mod is that you equip a sniper rifle and get a ghillie suit. would I have to write in every single weapon classed as a sniper rifle or is it possible to use the weapon tags that squads use, like how sniper rifles have a "sniper" tag, and silenced weapons have a "silenced" tag?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:35 pm 

SquellDay wrote:
The Soldier wrote:
In my current dev version of my WWII mod, I've got things like that. In the end, it's determined by the order you equip them in - the last one you put on or take will be the one that affects the skin. For example, in my mod, if you're holding an MG, you get a different soldier model with some grass in your helmet and ammo belts across your neck..

What I'm trying to achieve with my mod is that you equip a sniper rifle and get a ghillie suit. would I have to write in every single weapon classed as a sniper rifle or is it possible to use the weapon tags that squads use, like how sniper rifles have a "sniper" tag, and silenced weapons have a "silenced" tag?

The weapon tag is solely used for squad set ups - nothing else. You'd have to do it with every single weapon. But, lucky for you, there's only 5 sniper rifles in the vanilla game - the M24-A2, Dragunov, PSG-90, Barret M107, and the VSS-Vintorez (if you could count that as a true sniper rifle). If you do want to replace the soldier model, here's the bit of code you need to put in the faction file (you might already know this, of course):

Code:
      <model filename="soldier_german_panzerschreck.xml">
         <requirement class="weapon" slot="0" key="panzerschreck_player.weapon" />
      </model>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:53 pm 

The Soldier wrote:

The weapon tag is solely used for squad set ups - nothing else. You'd have to do it with every single weapon. But, lucky for you, there's only 5 sniper rifles in the vanilla game - the M24-A2, Dragunov, PSG-90, Barret M107, and the VSS-Vintorez (if you could count that as a true sniper rifle). If you do want to replace the soldier model, here's the bit of code you need to put in the faction file (you might already know this, of course):

Code:
      <model filename="soldier_german_panzerschreck.xml">
         <requirement class="weapon" slot="0" key="panzerschreck_player.weapon" />
      </model>

Ah ok I understand, thanks. It'd be a copy and paste fest so it probably wouldn't take long to do it that way but i was going to add custom models for medics, machine gunners etc. so there'd be a few more than 6 models to add.

How exactly have you added your tiger tang to your RWH mod? Have you overwritten the original tank.vehicle files and added it that way, or is there a line of code for adding it to a faction/map?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:48 am 

SquellDay wrote:
Ah ok I understand, thanks. It'd be a copy and paste fest so it probably wouldn't take long to do it that way but i was going to add custom models for medics, machine gunners etc. so there'd be a few more than 6 models to add.

How exactly have you added your tiger tang to your RWH mod? Have you overwritten the original tank.vehicle files and added it that way, or is there a line of code for adding it to a faction/map?

Medics would only require one of those model_requirements lines. But machine guns would be the same deal. But like I said, you could always go the route where you only use the model change when you have a machine gun that's part of your own faction.

The tank replaced the original tank file, but it's out of date now, since each faction has it's own tank.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:52 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
Medics would only require one of those model_requirements lines. But machine guns would be the same deal. But like I said, you could always go the route where you only use the model change when you have a machine gun that's part of your own faction.

That would make a lot more sense. I had the intention of using different models to identify what enemy you're dealing with, you'll know it's a sniper because of the ghillie suit, or to focus a medic because of the typical little red cross or whatever. Unfortunately for me I never thought of doing it the way you said.
The Soldier wrote:
The tank replaced the original tank file, but it's out of date now, since each faction has it's own tank.

Do you by any chance know where each faction's tank is defined? I can't seem to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:11 pm 

The tanks are defined in the vehicles folder. tank.vehicle, tank_1.vehicle, and tank_2.vehicle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:25 pm 

You can also add a line that says "If I have this gun AND armour, use the body armour mesh" or use a new mesh etc.

I do this with Flamethrowers in my Trench Foot mod, so that no matter what uniform a character is wearing, they will always have the Flamethrower's Gas Tank on their back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next