It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:57 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 24

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:14 pm 

Hiya, me again.

Is it possible to tie models to certain vest models? So that, for example, when I have a unique looking soldier, when he puts on a vest, he doesn't turn into someone else? This is hard to word, but I think you get it.

I'm looking to have two different player models for a faction, but both look very unique, and I don't want someone who is playing as one model turning into the other with a vest on. Any way to do this?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:53 pm 

Far as I can tell, there's no way to "overlay" a model onto another model. You can just make it so that wearing a vest doesn't change the character model at all, if that solves it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Ramsoos wrote:
Hiya, me again.

Is it possible to tie models to certain vest models? So that, for example, when I have a unique looking soldier, when he puts on a vest, he doesn't turn into someone else? This is hard to word, but I think you get it.

You can define a new soldier group which has different bindings between models and vests vs other soldier groups. For example, you could have the default soldier group without the vest-model bindings, and have your unique model there; that's the group where the player spawns. You'd probably set spawn score to 0 here to avoid having similar looking bots.

Then make a default bot group, functioning like the vanilla default, which comes with the vest changing appearance binding, if needed.

Ramsoos wrote:
I'm looking to have two different player models for a faction, but both look very unique, and I don't want someone who is playing as one model turning into the other with a vest on. Any way to do this?

I guess this is the more difficult part given how all players spawn in the default soldier group. You cannot easily ensure that the players would look different, other than by their own choice of using specific equipment, weapons or vests, or being of specific rank. Technically it should also be possible for players to be in different soldier groups, this piece of info is stored in their profile data, but there's no in-game logic to change it. Would require the player to connect to the game, quit, admin going in and changing his data, then the player would join again and effectively be created in the other group from there on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:36 pm 

Quote:
I guess this is the more difficult part given how all players spawn in the default soldier group. You cannot easily ensure that the players would look different, other than by their own choice of using specific equipment, weapons or vests, or being of specific rank. Technically it should also be possible for players to be in different soldier groups, this piece of info is stored in their profile data, but there's no in-game logic to change it. Would require the player to connect to the game, quit, admin going in and changing his data, then the player would join again and effectively be created in the other group from there on.

Would it theoretically be possible to change the logic so that it pulls models from several different groups, and use different rules dependent on where the model was pulled from?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 pm 

Can't pull models from seperate groups. You can base a group off of another group (look at the medic group in the faction files, for example), but can't do the opposite.

What you said is rather confusing, truth be told, and I've been modding this game for 2 years now and know just about every nook and cranny of it. :/ Could you try wording it in a different way so I can understand?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:24 pm 

You've got two guys, say one is a human and one is an alien (on the same faction,) and they look very different. I want players to be able to play as both, but I don't want someone playing as an alien turning into an armored human when they equip a vest.

Is it possible to make it so that someone using a specific model only uses a specific vest model?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:49 pm 

Not possible yet. It's just too specific, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:51 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
Not possible yet. It's just too specific, I think.

Alright, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:52 pm 

But in my own opinion it can be possible as long as there i9s complimentary, that if I'm not getting wrong.