It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:08 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 116

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:23 pm 

Is it possible to make a new explosion effect that spawns a specified thing when it lands. For an idea of what I am trying to do, I made a call for ODST reinforcements soldiers(from the Halo series) in game but the parachute when they come down isn't as badass as those soldiers deserve. I was gonna use the mortar_shell.xml and model it into a pod and then spawn it vertically like the humvee and tank spawns for a reinforcement call. But when it hits the ground it vanishes and ODST trooper remains.

Also does anyone know the default width and length of the Bullet.trail? I cannot find it, i used the laser.trail for a reference but it doesn't give me the original state. I'm just trying to make a laser that is a little more wide and the length is increased.(For the Beam Rifle, for all HALO fans out there)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:58 pm 

would be easier to make a vehicle that self destructs when it hits the ground and spawns a soldier on death.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:15 am 

warbrand2 wrote:
would be easier to make a vehicle that self destructs when it hits the ground and spawns a soldier on death.

If I were to make a vehicle,
1. i would need a 3d modeler for that which i dont have sadly

2. I do not know how to make the vehicle self-destruct on impact

3. That would leave a corpse and i think i would need to make a destroyed model for that as well

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 pm 

Using a call, you'll just have to time it so the explosion goes off before the soldier spawns (so it doesn't kill him.)

The rest is pretty easy. You can definitely do something 'like' the Mortar and then replace it's model with a new Voxel.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:49 pm 

Tremozl wrote:
Using a call, you'll just have to time it so the explosion goes off before the soldier spawns (so it doesn't kill him.)

The rest is pretty easy. You can definitely do something 'like' the Mortar and then replace it's model with a new Voxel.

Hmm,, alright I will try to change the timing of the explosion but then the question will be how I get the pod to drop from the sky and not at a slanted angle like the artillery comes in as.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 pm 

Far as I can tell, all the pods drop down perfectly straight. Otherwise, I'd have gliders filled with commandos dropping in and giving the Germans a rough handling from behind in my WWII mod. :)

It's the perspective of the camera messing with the looks of it, I assume.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 pm 

Well I got the drop pods working properly so now I can work on the models. But I need the drop pod to spawn a soldier after it lands and hopefully it doesn't automatically give the soldier a parachute and drop him from the sky. When i tested the call, I hoped that the maybe the drop pod would fall then maybe the units would spawn above and land where it landed. Just to give some hope that this is possible.

*edit* tested it again but put the soldier spawn in the same <round/> as the mortar shells. This is what I tried.

Code:
<round instances="1"
           instance_class="grenade"
      instance_key="ODST_Drop_pod.projectile"
      instance_spread="10 15 10"
           common_spread="0 0 0"
           launch_time="4.0"
           spawn_time="8.0">

<round instances="1"
           instance_class="soldier"
      instance_key="Odst Casual"
      instance_spread="10 15 10"
           common_spread="0 0 0"
           launch_time="5.0"
           spawn_time="11.0">

</round>

Spawned the Mortar then a soldier(with a parachute as normal reinforcement call) in a different area and my 3 other units in a whole different area. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 pm 

I think there's a way that you can tell the game to spawn something when something else is destroyed. Uses the same mechanics as the smoke that comes out when something like a tank is destroyed - try that with the ODST drop pod vehicle (using Tremozl's idea). The same can probably be done with an explosion of the drop pod (using my method) on the ground to spawn the soldier.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:34 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
I think there's a way that you can tell the game to spawn something when something else is destroyed. Uses the same mechanics as the smoke that comes out when something like a tank is destroyed - try that with the ODST drop pod vehicle (using Tremozl's idea). The same can probably be done with an explosion of the drop pod (using my method) on the ground to spawn the soldier.

Well the Drop pod is not a vehicle its a projectile, so I feel that may mess up the idea. Your method is most likely for me, I would need a 3D modeling and viewing app to if I were to make a vehicle. I just need pasik to give me the location of the explosion effects and how I can tinker with them.

*EDIT* One idea I have is to make the projectile spawn a soldier at the end of the effects. If its possible of course. That would be exactly what I need.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:28 pm 

I feel very stupid,, the way I interpreted your ideas @The Soldier and @Tremozl was incorrect. After noticing that, I had looked through the code of the Prison bus to see if I saw any code hinting at the spawning of a soldier when destroyed. Sadly I do not believe a command identical to destroyed for projectiles is defined. Maybe "impact" could be a equal trigger to spawn a soldier like it does spawn debris for Prison Bus. My only question is, if I have to define the amount of soldiers supplied in the pod and the amount spawn-able? Or if it just spawns one unit, identical to the instance keys for mortars and reinforcement calls.