It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 31

All times are UTC

Post subject: Weapon Overhaul
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:51 am 

I mod I made a few months ago, to tweak RWR combat in a way that I liked. I've put off uploading this mod for a while since I didn't want to have to write a description explaining everything, and because it is more of a collection of personal tweaks.

I figure someone else out there might like what I've done though. I like how it turned out and I figure it's better to share. So I've put in some effort to write a description.

In brief:

Changes values for all standard guns.

Changes how gun handling works. Sustained fire loses accuracy faster, and accuracy recovery is slower.

- Rifles have very good base accuracy but lose accuracy faster, because of recoil. Shooting with most rifles will put the first bullet exactly where you point - however the bullet spread increases quickly and decreases much slower. You will only get pinpoint accuracy by firing a single shot then waiting for the crosshairs to recover.

- SMGs have worse base accuracy but recover accuracy much faster, making them better at spraying and praying at close ranges.

- Machine guns are completely different. I found MGs in 1.0 to be a joke. MGs are now valuable squad support weapons. They have near-rifle accuracy and are good for sustained fire (because of bipod), however they are very expensive and do not come back with you if you die, making holding onto MGs or capturing enemy MGs worthwhile.

- Sniper rifles are also very expensive (even more than MGs) and do not come back either, however they zoom farther. It is possible to shoot at targets from more than a screen away. Again, it is worthwhile to make sure to stay alive with your special weapon or capture enemy ones, as you don't just respawn with a new one.

- I tried to make the different faction weapons distinct, for some nice asymmetry. For example greenbelts have slower firing weapons that pack more punch, while brownpants have faster firing but less accurate weapons and are better suited to assaulting at close range. Grey collars are somewhere in between. Adjusted all commonality values. Some "premium" weapons were adjusted to fit in with the default loadout and made standard-issue, for example the AK74u is now the standard SMG for brownpants.

- New rank names for grey collars and brown pants.

There is an excel spreadsheet I used to plan out all the weapon changes. You can look at it to get a sense of everything.

- Adjusted models: brown pants soldiers now look like they have helmets instead of cloth hats. A bunch of other assorted small tweaks to soldier appearance. AK74U model is now brown, like the image.

- I did some rough balancing work, as much as one person can do on their own. Obviously it is balanced for singleplayer. If you want to adjust it for multiplayer and upload your own versions I would be very happy.

I don't really care what you do with my mod, as long as you enjoy it. If you make something you like based off of this and want to share it, go ahead. It would be polite to give credit though.

EDIT: reupload - small psg90 fix
EDIT: updated title, added some more details

Attachments:
all_faction_overhaul.zip [180.74 KiB]
Downloaded 791 times

Post subject: Re: Weapon Overhaul
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:42 pm 

I think I put this in the wrong subforum. Can someone move it to the released mods forums please?