It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 87

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 am 

Ok working up a concept for an army men mod.... should be simple to do though I lack expertese to do all but the weapons... some of which I will be either asking the_soldier for or well asking_the soldier for.

Basic concept: plastic war will be a green vs tan vs grey game similar to 3D0 army men, though I will have four factions to make (will explain)

Green
info: one of the main two faction, fighting over the play sets, green uses a quality plastic and molds to make their soldiers.

infantry: will be pure green plastic with black dots for eyes. standard, will recolor this for all infantry and do 3 side varations with black "molded" parts for details like carrying harnesses (this I will do, and will likely have images up in 2 days of making this post)
[images go here]

OFFICERS
note: are generic do to respawns.

heavy trooper
looks: green soldier with heavy plate armor
weapon: green cast minigun, dicast pistol, portible mortar, mgl, toy alien laser.
secondary: m202
armor: heavy mold plastic (vest III)

sharp shooter
looks: green soldier with leaves on back, and a black mold night vision scope
weapon: black mold sniper (m107),black mold DMR, black mold BR
secondary: law green
armor: heavy mold plastic (vest III)

tank
look: EOD armor with metal plates all over it.
weapon: black mold LMG (mg-42 that can be shot standing)
secondary: the big one (a small bottle rocket, ironic name, heavy blast range and damage)
armor:die-cast armor (has 2 stages, first has metal colored plates, second is a heavy plastic, can take 8 hits or so)

drill instructor
looks: female green elite vanilla
weapon: black mold assault rifle (best AR in the game)
secondary: die-cast medkit (infinite use medkit)
armor: die-cast armor. (on her second stage removes most color, is implied to be a metal figure)

TAN
info: tan uses lower quality molds and plastic, but their quick and dirt nature means they are not down on using things other then plastic to take out their enemies. (only faction with the flamethrower naturally spawning on infantry)

infantry: see green.

officers

storm trooper
looks: recolored green heavy trooper
weapon: tan mold flamethrower, portable mortar, mgl, minigun
secondary: m202
armor: heavy plastic mold (vest III)

sharp shooter
looks: recolored of greens equivelent
weapon: black mold sniper, black mold DMR, black mold BR
secondary: law tan
armor: heavy plastic mold (vest III)

TAN HEAVY TROOPER
looks: storm trooper with black molded parts and metal plates.
weapon: black mold LMG
secondary: the big one
armor: die-cast armor

Tan comando
looks: No clue yet thinking close to rambo, or the grey female elite not sure yet.
weapon: black mold AR
secondary: Die-cast riot shield (has 20 health)
armor: die cast armor

GREY
info: the civilan play set, not really armed to fight but damn they have grenades to do such

Infantry
the grey are not an army, they are the citizens of the toy box as such they are both female and male figures molded out of cheap plastic, but that cheap plastic allows for a lot of explosives to be made. They are the most explosive based faction

"OFFICERS"
note: grey officers spown 4x more often then any other faction to make up for their lack of standard weapons.

officer
info: blue plastic vest and hat, armed with a shotgun of any mold this cop will defend his people.
primary: black/green/tan/die-cast shotgun.
secondary: black mold riot shield.
armor:plastic vest (vest II)[model will lose it hat and vest when destroyed]

SWAT
info: armed in heavy black plastic armor, the swat member is the only grey with access to true weapons
primary: black plastic DMR/SNIPER/BR/shotgun, grey plastic ar
secondary: black plastic law (only unit that holds this)
armor: black mold armor (EOD armor with out slow down)

scientist
info: armed with timed fire bombs these guys give new meaning to all out plastic warfare
primary: grey plastic pistol
grenade: plastic fire vile (highest damage grenade in the game)

FAILED MOLDS AKA HALF DEAD
info: an amalgamation of all factions, this is what happens when to toy box has mold failures. Teh half dead have all of their brain but not all of their body generally built out of the remains of other factions or missing chunks like half their head the failed molds are looking to prove their worth in the toy box as the only faction that knows what is going on.

INFANTRY
info: failed molds of all faction some may look like a green with a tan arm or half a head, while other may be a commando with the bottom half of a civilian, or worse a full on zombie. Unlike other factions their infantry is a player only mold with all others being their "officers"

brain dead
info: standard issue failed molds or scrapped together from dead others, they can't use weapons but they can drive and gun.
primary: NA
secondary: NA
grenade: explosive bits (doesn't drop, is literately them breaking off part of them selves to throw at you)

half dead
info: brain dead with guns, they generally are scrapped together from better made parts, this means they can take a hit and use guns.
weapons: any factions infantry weapons.(this is primary and secondary)
vest: rarely peace mold vest (a black vest works as a vest I with out a wound state)

rejected molds
info: molds that may be fully there but rejected for a small defect these look almost exactly like green, tan, and grey officers but have minor defects like a large hole in the back or bits of plastic where there shouldn't be.
weapons: green and tan heavy/storm trooper weapons
vest: heavy plastic mold (vest III)

franken build
info: pure metal and pure angery, this build is what happens when you throw slag metal and plastic bits in the mold makers. it is extremely rare and exremely deadly.
primary: black plastic minigun
secondary: swarm metal (not dropped, fires a swarm of missiles at target like 20 of them, though they do low damage they are fired in a "five round burst" with each "round" firing 4 missiles.
armor: heavy metal (can take a wooping 20 hits)
note this thing will be rare like 10x rarer then an elite in vanilla.

[b]
WEAPON CASTS AND INFO

weapons will have 4 types of each weapon with teh following stats.

green plastic
info: always have 100% accuracy at start, while accuracy maintains at a higher rate, but at the cost of rounds having a lower kill chance do to more brittle plastic, despite the better molds.

base weapons for green plastic

combat rifle (standard issue)
info: m14, single fire, 0.45 kill chance, 10 round mag

battle rifle
info: m16 3 round burst, 0.45 kill chance.

assault rifle
info: automatic m4 combat rifle, 0.35 kill chance

shotgun
info: spas 12, 8 round tube, pump fire, low kill chance but more pellets

lmg
info: m60, 100 round belt, can shoot standing, 0.46 kill chance.

sniper
info: m24-a2, 0.9 kill chance, 1 accuracy

launcher
info: law rpg, low damage, and blast range but will hit where aiming and fastest projectile

grenade
info: see vanilla grenade

TAN plastic
info: have an increased fire rate but decrease accuracy, as they use lower end plastics and molds, that said they also have flame weapons in the mix

base weapons for tan plastic

combat rifle (standard issue)
info: m14, single fire, 0.55 kill chance, 10 round mag

battle rifle
info: m16 3 round burst, 0.50 kill chance.

assault rifle
info: automatic m4 combat rifle, 0.45 kill chance

shotgun
info: spas 12, 8 round tube, pump fire, moderate kill chance and pellets

lmg
info: m60, 100 round belt, can shoot standing, 0.5 kill chance high rate of fire.

sniper
info: m24-a2, 1 kill chance, .9 accuracy

launcher
info: law rpg, modrate damage, and blast range but likely to go off target

grenade
info: does more damage and has a firy color.

flamethrower
info: high damage to everything, 600 round mag, no reloading, if possible you explode on death.

BLACK PLASTIC WEAPONS
info: best of the best, having the down sides of neither faction

base weapons for black plastic

assault rifle
info: f2k assualt rifle, high damage, fire rate and accuracy

shotgun
info: benelli m4 suppressed, high damage, most pellets and moderate fire rate

lmg
info: mg3, high kill chance, 250 round belt, can shoot standing

sniper
info: m107, heavy plastic percing 3 damage.

launcher
info: m202 launcher, 4 rockets at once.

grenade
info: less damage then tans, but the highest blast range

portible mortar
info: a portible mortar not much to say.

minigun
info: 6 barrels of death and plastic cutting carnage

mgl
info: 6 grenades, has 3 variants tan load, green load, and die-cast load. with tan doing the most damage and die-cast having the largest blast range. (green is most accurate)

pistol
info: 13 round pistol with 0.5 kill chance all factions have by default as a secondary

SMG
info: another weapon shared by all factions, is a 30 round suppressed secondary.

DIE CAST WEAPON/MISC WEAPONS

info: weapons taht do no fit in the other 3 sections are either die-cast or misc mold weapons.

Die-cast weapons

heavy pistol
info: a desert eagle pistol with a .50 load, this primary weapon has a moderate range and has 1.1 kill chance.

toy alien laser
info: used by greens the toy alien laser fires a near constant red while this beam has a low kill chance 0.1 it fires 5x faster then the minigun and is always dead on accurate.

the big one
info: not technicly die-cast this is a small bottle rocket that moves faster then any other explosive secondary not only that but it has a huge blast range.

die-cast riot shield
info: peace of metal vs plastic fire, unless you are firing well fire at at it this thing can take anything.

misc cast weapons

white plastic med kit
info: a plastic mending kit which can bring all but the head back from the brink

black plastic riot shield
info: used by all factions it is a standard riot shield

white plastic BR
info: famas, 25 round mag 3 round burst, used by sharp shooters

white plastic DMR
info: VSS, 20 round mag, single fire, used by sharp shooters.

fire vial
info: used by grey scientists, is basicly a reskin of tans grenade with a larger blast range.

grey plastic AR
info: weak, badly molded but has a scope for some reason... and it is accurate, but generally a bad weapon.

grey plastic pistol
info: weak, primary weapon rarely used by officers for the grey faction.

miss mold weapons

info: used by the half dead faction miss mold weapons are just crappy versions of otehr weapons, I will not detail them here. but they will more or less look like some one too a crayol over the other weapons and killed their stats, some may not even have there mags molded on so may contain only one or two rounds.
note: basicly me going mad with weapon stats and cutting up guns, these will mostly be crap but there will be one or two that will be dangerous.

there are three types of miss mold weapons

half mold gun
info: any weapon generally has a lower mag count and kill chance, though the shotguns will have higher pellet counts.

blocky mold gun
info: weapon will be thick, and look close to what it was supose to be, down side is low accuracy, harder to handle and heavy weight.

craft mold gun
info: rare as hell but to be feared this is stuff like a black plastic sniper, with a tan plastic lmg ammo box, and a green plastic ar barrel, aka things to fear and OP as all get out. craft mold guns will always be weapons to fear, cause if you where to see a sniper with a milkor mag on it and a law barrel or a shotgun with a ar mag and minigun barrel you will fear it, cause this is plastic and the sum of ones parts is better then the parts them selves.

VEHICLES

ok this is the easiest part, each faction will have the following vehicles from left to right. note I will need a modeler for this but that is only whene I get the weapons done, as untill then I am just going to use recolored of the following. APC=greys, tank=browns and greens, jeep=the one from the_soldiers mod if permission is given.

APC
info: has a top mounted MG, can hold 6 troops in the back, a top gunner, and a driver
health: 15

JEEP
info: will replace buggy, has a passenger and back gunner
health: 5

ANTI TANK
info:one driver one gunner, 30 degree forward fire does 20 damage on hit.(Rpleaces buggy)
health: 10

Main battle tank
info: 3 crew, all armored, that includes the machine gunner
health: 20

MOBILE COMMAND CENTER
info: replaces spawn truck, has a stash, armory, 2 machine guns (180 degree, forward and back) and a protected morator. AI will not use unless player driver, acts as a spawn point for AI as well as the player. this is a power vehicle and as such it also acts as your comms truck so keep it safe and use it wisely)
health: 40

other vehicles

open transport
http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae233/77row/5w4hw.jpg
info: replaces armory trucks as teh command center actively replaces armory trucks and spawn trucks, holds one protected drive, one protected passenger, 1 gunner, and upto 8 open passengers.

light tank
info: replaces comms trucks on maps that would have them, as the MCC replaces them, is the medium tank with out the MG, and with less health
health: 15

NOTES: I will likely start soldier/weapon model work on this in a day or two, with me asking for vehicle work once I get a minimal viable demo up with green and tan with their base weapons.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:31 am 

Nice, I really like the concept and overall theme you got in mind. I remember having this old pc game that was all about armymen toys fighting each other. One I question I have is that you didn't mention anything about fraction calls.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:58 am 

~The Venator~ wrote:
Nice, I really like the concept and overall theme you got in mind. I remember having this old pc game that was all about armymen toys fighting each other. One I question I have is that you didn't mention anything about fraction calls.

That is mostly cause I will be removing the radio calls for this mod, you will have access to a portable mortar which will be buffed to be useful.

That is if I can get over my current slump and start work on this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:35 pm 

I know this is old but did you ever begin working on this? I think its a great idea and you should continue it!