It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 118

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:05 am 

First off. Love this game. It's been on my wish list for a long time, but only recently did I have time to give it a shot. I enjoyed it so much I bought multiple copies on Steam to hand out to my guild-mates for the holiday season. We are all enjoying it quite a lot.

I also dabble in modding (Space Engineers, Sins of a Solar Empire, Stellaris, and Skyrim just to name a few) and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with this.

So here is my first question:

What files dictate the chance for being wounded rather than outright killed? From what I can tell, being wounded has a rather low chance of happening. I understand that having armor increases this chance, but I'm hoping to increase it across the board even without armor. My reason behind increasing the chance for wounding is I want to help newer players gain early XP without dumbing down the leveling. I also figure this will really help players that are short on XP or RP. Increased opportunities for medics to do their thing will also encourage more teamwork among my guild members. Finally, there are those in my group who are not well-skilled for combat roles, but still do lots of other important stuff (like transporting and playing as medics) and I would like to give them a better way of gaining XP.

Keep in mind, I'm not really suggesting the vanilla game should be changed, I would just like to tailor this one aspect of the game to better suite my guild members preferences.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:50 pm 

There's no "chance" for getting wounded - it's either 100% chance or none at all. You can make a weapon always wound a soldier, but you'll never be able to kill someone with it. If you get shot with any vest on (due to the coding) the last layer will result in you getting wounded instead of killed. Look at the vest files for more info.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:28 am 

The Soldier wrote:
There's no "chance" for getting wounded - it's either 100% chance or none at all. You can make a weapon always wound a soldier, but you'll never be able to kill someone with it. If you get shot with any vest on (due to the coding) the last layer will result in you getting wounded instead of killed. Look at the vest files for more info.

How certain are you? I've definitely seen cases of non-armored soldiers getting wounded (myself included). It appears to be random which would imply that somewhere it dictates the chance of that happening. I've also tried the Overlord mod (which is great btw) and there is definitely an increased chance for being wounded there.

I found the vest items you mentioned. Perhaps there is a way to assign wound parameters to the default soldier file (without any armor, but similar to how low tier armor has wound states)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:55 pm 

MagnusEffect wrote:
How certain are you? I've definitely seen cases of non-armored soldiers getting wounded (myself included). It appears to be random which would imply that somewhere it dictates the chance of that happening. I've also tried the Overlord mod (which is great btw) and there is definitely an increased chance for being wounded there.

I found the vest items you mentioned. Perhaps there is a way to assign wound parameters to the default soldier file (without any armor, but similar to how low tier armor has wound states)?

It's solely based on the vest you're wearing. Weapons may *cause* a soldier to become Wounded (changing the damage type from "death" to "wound" in it's projectile), but since you can't kill someone with the same weapon - unless you use vest trickery like I did with earlier versions of Overlord - those are nonexistant.

And yes, I'm very certain, mainly because I know pretty much every nook and cranny of this game after making Overlord, Overlord Defense, and a bunch of stuff for vanilla. :P