It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 163

All times are UTC

Post subject: A couple map problems.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 am 

These are a couple of old issues with an old mod. Most everything is working, but these ones have been bugging me for ages. I'm hoping I'm just doing something stupid here.

• Something I've been trying to do for a long while is modify the SVG files for maps and have them override vanilla maps. The problem I've been having is that the game isn't picking up map files in my mod. No matter what I do, it's not showing any changes whatsoever.

I'm lost on how to go about this. I know the campaign scripts are directly referencing the vanilla maps in the vanilla package, but I can't alter that. If I point it to my mod files, the game doesn't load the map layers and CTDs straight away. The only alternative here is to toss every map file into my mod. That'd jack up the total file size to somewhere around 200MB, and that's just something I'm not willing to do.

• Another issue I'm having is that my mod is overriding map assets. For Final Mission I, radio jammers are altered so multiple are allowed to spawn at once. I edited the radio jammer a bit, but it looks like my mod's jammer file is taking precedence. I tried putting in an override in my mod's map folder, but that's running into the same trouble as the above problem; nothing's being overridden.

Anyone run into these problems before?

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!