It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 78

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:30 pm 

Hey guys, so I'm basically new here. This is my first topic and usually, it's about that timer mentioned above. To be honest, I love this game, it serves me as a "Take a break" game to calm my nerves on other games I play (Far Cry 5, SoD 2, etc) this is purely legit for me and I like the gameplay. But! One thing that broke my spine and my back is the commander saying "PSG-90 ran out of stock" :x The never forgotten (what I call 360 no scoper) PSG-90 had disappeared right before my eyes in the armory. That thing was purely powerful with a bang and used it for more than 6 days. They said they was producing more of it, but ran out, why? Did their engineers failed to copy it? Did they say "I regret doing this, time to fight for the Greencollars, curse this psg, the commander can do it."? Or are they just lazy that if I was them, I can mass-produce M4 benellis and PSGS at the same time without a rest that factory work does it? Jeez. Anyways is there a way to stop this chaotic timer instead of me running and getting this sniper rifles over the hails of bullets? I just want my experience more fun than spine-breaking. Please, just at least a true answer and I'll spread the word to people who don't like that 4 hour timer. P.S I could've brought them blueprints instead of 5 guns and they copy it. Jeez what a mess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am 

from: http://www.runningwithrifles.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3238

pasik wrote:
I think the easiest way is just by using a very large time like 1000 * 60.0 * 60.0 on line 58 in unlock_manager.as (or if you're making a mod based on full_campaign_template, you'd probably want to do that in my_gamemode.as by overriding setupUnlockManager method implementation with @m_unlockManager = UnlockManager(this, this, 1000 * 60.0 * 60.0); and leave unlock_manager.as component untouched).

In the mac version, the unlock_manager.as script (text file) is located in <game install dir> /contents/resources/media/packages/vanilla/scripts/trackers. Very similar location in windows.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 am 

He said "Put a very large number" isn't there a trick to disable it instead of changing it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

If 1000 (or more) hours isn't going to be enough, you can possibly disable the timer updates inside unlock_manager.as entirely with a simple hack. There's a line that says:
Code:
unlock.update(time);

Make it say:
Code:
// unlock.update(time);

We're changing the timer in single player campaign to another very large value for the next update, but it'll probably stay as it is in online Invasion in order to let people complete the deliveries. Without the timer in online the unlock will never reset until server restart, so makes sense having it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:08 pm 

Hm, good point, let the devs know that, in the next update, remove the timer for Campaign, and Quick Match, I'm sure it was a mistake putting it. Even the Pacific Dlc never had a timer. Also, thanks! You saved my money before my spine goes to surgery in hospital! It feels better now! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Well I am the main dev :) The unlock expiration timer has been intentional and not a mistake in the single player campaign, we've had it in the game for several years now. We thought 4 hours would be enough for people for trying out a particular enemy weapon, and removing some items this way from armory would help coping with the limited armory UI space without having to rework it.

For people who like the aspect of collecting all possible unlocks it's an obvious nuisance, I do get it :)

As far as I know, Pacific also has the unlock time in action. Quickmatches don't handle enemy weapon deliveries at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:19 pm 

What? Your the main developer of the game? I thought I was talking to an expert! I never realized! Though still, the timer, if you had the way to remove it, the armory UI needs some rework so it can fit in more guns! Even some rares too! Say, if your the main developer, what is the next dlc and is there a sequel to this game? 8-) I'd love to see helicopter action where you can pilot them! It's gonna be friggin epic! :o

I'll give you a suggestion for the 2nd dlc:

'Nam war, or "Vietnam War"

The factions should be the USAF and a 2nd act faction, the US air force, fighting against the enemy factions are the commies of North Vietnam, you may add China and the Soviet Union as they did help the enemies of the USAF and US air force. Also, one friendly faction, the South Vietnamese congress who struggled to win the war with the U.S.

Try it pasik! It'll hype up everyone around here and rush their money to buy the 'Nam dlc and that money goes to the sequel of RWR, RWR: the new generation, featuring today's finesy military vehicles, Abrams, Leopard 27A1, T-90, Challenger 2, and more sexy beasts! :D Featuring more cooler weapons! M4A1, SCAR-L and H, HK416 and 417, IWI Ace, HK G36K2, and a nice portable, small but lethal rail gun from the U.S navy! Did I forgot attack helicopters?! No! Never! AH-64, Mil Mi 24 cobra, Mil Mi 38 Havok, UH-60 (with combat variant), AH-1Z Cobra, and more :D

So, yup, here are my suggestions for the next dlc and a sequel for RWR. You csn change the sequel's name though it's okay! Happy developing! :D