It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:03 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 47

All times are UTC

Post subject: [MOD] Vietnam War
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:45 am 

RWR:VIETNAM

After playing for a little while, and messing around with 400-600 AI, I came to realize that I was put into many situations that had the 'suddenly swarmed by Vietcong' kind of feel to them, like we see so much in movies, and decided to start work on a mod to match that feeling.

Obviously, this is aiming to bring the theme of the Vietnam War to Running With Rifles. It will have all of the weapons and map features that you would expect from a Vietnam mod. Depending on releases of RWR itself, expect AI modifications as well as custom vehicles further down the road.

A pretty clear idea of what will be added is already decided on, but if anyone has any unique suggestions or interesting ideas, feel free to share. Furthermore, if anyone is willing to put in some time and effort to help me release an early version of this mod sooner (models, sounds, or donate their own jungle-style maps to the cause!), feel free to PM me and I'll give you a task and give credit where it is due.

UPDATES

Expect updates coming in soon, including an initial release once the first map is ready.

9/3/2012
HUD Screenshot 1
All HUD icons are complete. Still working on the weapon sounds/models.

Post subject: Re: [MOD] Vietnam War
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:38 pm 

Unfortunately, almost immediately after beginning work on the map for this mod, I've run into some major computer issues and picked up a lot of real-life responsibilities that have kept me from continuing work on the Vietnam project. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do any work on this in the near future, so someone else can pick up on the project using any of my work if they want to.

For now, I'll release the pieces that I have managed to save, such as the HUD icons, a few weapons models, and the weapons stats. Some of these may be outdated or completely broken versions. What little of the map work that I have left isn't worth using so I won't upload that.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v5ekhoow825cob6

I believe the M16 sounds and model came from Blackli0n.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=374

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:03 am 

Darn, was really excited when I saw this mod. Hope one day you finish it to your original expectations!
lil_misfit :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:50 pm 

Thought there was something wrong when I saw those now-outdated UI icons. 'Tis been nearly 2 years since the last post was made - I'm fairly certain the mod is dead.

No need to rez threads like these.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:34 am 

WOW im new here and this mod makes me excited!