It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 52 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 89

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:04 am 

Okay I was able to get my server launched by running that php script first. But now I have another issue, when connecting to my game it just says Online Terminated, couldn't connect to server. Any ideas why?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 am 

How can i set the country on my server? My server just says Unknown...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:36 am 

fallXone wrote:
How can i set the country on my server? My server just says Unknown...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1559

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm 

The server commands without parameters seems pretty straightforward (help, status, player_list, etc.) and easy to test but I'm wondering which parameters and in what form do the rest of the server commands require?

The http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/commands.xml gave some clues, as command start_game takes <something> <ai-accuracy> <num. of bots> but I couldn't figure out the rest.

The commands I'm most interested in testing are the set_day_time and go_stealth, as I'd like to experiment with stealth-gameplay. I'd also like to know, if these or indeed any other stealth-related parameters are to be found in the gamemode_invasion.php, so I could add them to my customized invasion script.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Chikara wrote:
The server commands without parameters seems pretty straightforward (help, status, player_list, etc.) and easy to test but I'm wondering which parameters and in what form do the rest of the server commands require?

The http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/commands.xml gave some clues, as command start_game takes <something> <ai-accuracy> <num. of bots> but I couldn't figure out the rest.

The commands I'm most interested in testing are the set_day_time and go_stealth, as I'd like to experiment with stealth-gameplay. I'd also like to know, if these or indeed any other stealth-related parameters are to be found in the gamemode_invasion.php, so I could add them to my customized invasion script.

Most commands provide extra info if you go "help [command]" in the console. Some oddball hardcoded hacks like go_stealth were added a long time before the XML commands and scripting capability came around. I don't think that one accepts extra parameters.

For more detailed control than the one offered by the direct console commands, I'd suggest you to look into http://runningwithrifles.gamepedia.com/ ... _interface. You can also run those XML commands directly from the console by adding the XML in a file, and calling "execute that_xml_file.xml". Most of the time however you'd send the commands in to the server from a script.