It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 52 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 68

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:45 pm 

Why can't my friend connect to my server?

Since version 1.45, NAT punch through servers have been added so that a client can join the server without having to make port forwarding anymore. However, in some very rare situations, the host will still have to make a forwarding.
In most cases, if you have activated a server and want your friends to connect, you will need to forward your port. Port forwarding required access to your router. The port that you forward just needs to be the same as the port you use ingame.

Why can't i connect to the public servers?

First check that the public server is the same version as your game. Also, check your firewalls and anti-virus programs. Lastly, you are going to want to make sure that the server is relatively nearby your physical location. RWR servers tend to have ping caps and if your ping is too high, you will not be able to connect.

Also note that servers may have their player capacity full, but 0.94 client will still attempt to connect in such case, failing in it.

What is the deal with the Username and Password when trying to connect online?

The username is your personal username for connecting to the server. The password is simply a protection device so that people can not connect under your name. You can input any string for the password as long as you can remember it/have the computer remember it.

How can I host my own local server?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqrsKI_MF8

How can I host my own dedicated server?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1555 <- Dedicated server files

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1039 <- A detailed tutorial

===========================================

RWR is not starting when I try to play. I hit "Play" in the Steam pop-up menu and it flashes a loading sign then nothing happens.

This error seems to be coming up for a few people. The general solution seems to be redownloading and installing the OpenAL drivers. Try getting them here: http://www.runningwithrifles.com/wp/oalinst.exe

Why is RWR crashing on my computer?

To get support for RWR, please make a forum post on the official forums here: http://www.runningwithrifles.com/phpBB3/ . Please don't forget to mention the exact nature of the error/crash like when it occurs and what dialogue boxes pop up (or if none do). A little detail on your computer specs would be very helpful too.

RWR has mouse related errors including having the normal mouse curso showing up and the mouse bounds being wonky. What can I do?

There are a few problems RWR seems to have run into with 3rd party software. Below are some starters when trying to troubleshoot weird mouse movement in RWR.

1. Close and restart Steam and try again.
2. Disable the Steam Overlay on RWR.
3. Run RWR directly from the Steam folder (aka NOT through the library).
4. Reinstall RWR.
5. Disable 3rd party overlay programs such as AMD Raptr, Desktop Fusion, Teamspeak...
For AMD Raptr just press "ctrl+TAB" twice to open and close the overlay and then the mouse cursor will be gone.
6. If playing with dual monitors, try disabling one of the monitors.

If these steps do not help, feel free to post a thread in the Support section of either the official or Steam forums

I'm running Linux with proprietary AMD drivers. Why is RWR not working?

Unfortunately, RWR does not work with the proprietary AMD drivers. You will need to acquire the open source drivers to run RWR.

I just updated to Windows 10 and the game fails to run

All you need to do is rerun the configuration tool to get the game working again.