It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:43 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 54 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 80

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:53 pm 

Hello guys,
I've been looking for this solution nearly one year and it was really pissing me off to run game on OpenGL to actually have no mouse delay ingame. The reason, what was causing this is polling rate of mouse. Windows 8.1 has somehow stupidly limited polling rate to 200 as far as I know according to articles, so when you wanna run RWR with polling rate of 1000 (which should be kinda 1ms delay, probably the best solution), you gotta do some adjustments.
// pasik, please if I wrote here something stupid, correct me, I don't understand this stuff that much

1. Click Start, type regedit.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Click Yes if the User Account Control dialog box is displayed.

3. Browse to the following folder:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
    Note If the Layers key does not exist, right-click AppCompatFlags, click New, click Key, and then type Layers to create the key.

4. Create a new registry entry for the explorer.exe. To do this, right-click Layers, click New, click String Value, type in the following
    Code:
    c:\windows\explorer.exe
    and then press Enter.

5. Right-click the value, and then click Modify. In the Value data field, type the following
    Code:
    NoDTToDITMouseBatch
    and then press Enter.

6. Click OK to confirm the change. The registry key in Registry Editor should resemble the entry in the following screen shot.

7. Open an elevated Command Prompt window. To do this, click Start, type cmd.exe in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe in the search results list, and then click Run as administrator.

8. Run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
    Code:
    Rundll32 apphelp.dll,ShimFlushCache

9. Reboot your computer

And you're done!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 am 

Thanks for sharing this useful information on fixing mouse delay in windows 8.1.