It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 64 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 185

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:57 pm 

This little TOOL helps you to upload your content creations (mods) to the Steam Workshop. It is based on the SteamCMD command line tool but made a bit more convenient with a graphical interface.

Project settings:

• Title: name of your mod
  • Public: check this box if you want to make your mod public, leave it unchecked if you want it to be private (can be changed later directly in the Steam Workshop
  • Version: the lower the version number, the earlier the development status. Usually 1.00 means the mod is final. Don't forget to increment the version number for each content change you make
  • PublisherID: this is the number of your workshop item, it will appear once your submitted your mod for the first time so that next time you upload updated content it will overwrite the mod files instead of creating a new mod when using the same project
  • Description: few lines to quickly describe your mod
  • Content Folder: workshop items get basically overlaid on the game folder from the root so that you need to select the location of your "media" folder including the sub-folders having only the folder/files required for your mod. You'll need to create a package_config.xml file in the folder of your mod (See at the end of this post).
    Important:
    Uploading your mods' content folder from RunningWithRifles\media\packages WILL NOT WORK! When you are ready to upload your mod, you need to have a folder superstructure to upload like below:

1. create similar folder structure like below. The example mod name is "my mod"; the folder named 'modding' is optional, but the rest of the folder superstructure is CRITICAL; the "modding" folder is just a convenient way to organize your mods
    RunningWithRifles\modding\my mod\media\packages\my_mod\

2. Within that final folder place your package_config.xml and all your modified assets (such as scripts folder, weapons folder etc)

3. The Content folder you select to upload with Steam WUT is RunningWithRifles\modding\my mod\

• Preview Image: "cover art" for your mod. It should be at least 512x512, JPG or PNG format and not more than 1MB in size
  • Project: name of your project. It will save all the project settings in that file. You can have multiple projects
  • App ID: The ID of the game you want to upload content to. For RWR, the App ID is "270150"

When you are done, you need to save your project and upload your content to Steam. The tool will prompt you for your Steam login and password. That's it! You can see your content on your Steam Workshop page.
Keep in mind that for some reason your Steam client will most likely disconnect you while uploading your content. You'll have to restart Steam afterwards.

Example of a package_config.xml in media\packages\my_mod\

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package 
  name="My mod to upload"
  description="my mod"   
  show_in_quick_match_mods="1"
/>

IMPORTANT!!:

- Linux and Mac file systems are CASE SENSITIVE! That's why you need to be careful when creating your mod. For windows, it doesn't matter if a file is called "A.jpg" or "a.jpg" but for Linux and Mac it matters!
An example: myvehicle_1.vehicle file contains the following code:

Code:
   <visual class="chassis" mesh_filename="myvehicle_1_body.mesh" texture_filename="myvehicle_1.png" />

in the textures folder the texture is called "Myvehicle_1.png" (the "M" is upper case) which will result in a crash for Linux and Mac users as it considers the file not existing! Best is to NOT have upper cases at all in file names/references.
In this example, changing "Myvehicle_1.png" to "myvehicle_1.png" and re-uploading a mod update won't work as the Steam workshop will still think the file is the same as it doesn't have a case sensitivity check either.

In this case you have 2 choices:
a) fix all references instead of filenames (in our example: texture_filename="Myvehicle_1.png" and the texture file would remain as it)
b) change filenames to new one (in our example: texture_filename="myvehicle_new1.png" and renaming the texture file accordingly)

When you uploaded a mod, try to ask for a Linux/Mac user to test it to see if you did everything correctly.

Known issue(s):
- while connecting through SteamWUT, you will be disconnected from your Steam client. Just reconnect once you are done with the upload.
- if you modify the description directly in the workshop, next time you will update your mod, the description of the workshop will be overwritten! Make sure you made a copy of your description code from your workshop
tbc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:20 am 

HAWT (enough said)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:15 pm 

I wanted to upload the mod, but seeing that you have to give the password and steamguard, I worry that someone steal my account, is it safe?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:31 pm 

Dabila wrote:
I wanted to upload the mod, but seeing that you have to give the password and steamguard, I worry that someone steal my account, is it safe?

SteamWUT is nothing more than the SteamCMD tool (officially provided by Valve) with a graphical interface. No need to worry unless you don't trust Valve :)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:59 pm 

just want to say, uploading your mods' content folder from RunningWithRifles\media\packages WILL NOT WORK! When you are ready to upload your mod, you need to have a folder superstructure to upload like below:

1. create similar folder structure like below. My mod name is Running with Trench Foot; the folder named 'modding' is optional, but the rest of the folder superstructure is CRITICAL; the "modding" folder is just a convenient way to organize your mods.
RunningWithRifles\modding\Running_with_Trench_Foot\media\packages\Running_with_Trench_Foot

2. Within that final folder place your package_config.xml and all your modified assets (such as scripts folder, weapons folder etc).

3. The Content folder you select to upload with Steam WUT is RunningWithRifles\modding\Running_with_Trench_Foot.

Hopefully that will help with others!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:44 pm 

I ran into a problem when I tried to upload my mod.
Spoiler:

Search in Google gave almost nothing, and I really don't know what happening. What kind of config file it talking about?

UPD: SOLVED Looks like steam cannot read spaces in username. Just created new username and and it worked.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:15 pm 

Can someone explain in a little bit more detail what the purpose of package_config.xml is used for as well as where the project file should be place?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:06 pm 

Hello all, I have a problem. Is there a way to manually enter the PublisherFileID? I cannot update my mod because of this. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:10 pm 

Yea, find the .project file, open it up with a text editor like Notepad ++ and manually put in the publisher ID.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:37 am 

I've managed to upload the mod although I have a few questions.
1. I didn't have an image for the mod at first so I uploaded it, now I've found an image although don't know how to change it.

2. How do I update the mod?

3. Manually put in publisher ID? Like random numbers OR a set of selected numbers. Cause I can't find the selected numbers. I don't even have a publisher ID in steamWUT.

Last edited by RandomHeadphone on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.