It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 66 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 201

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:19 am 

Welcome to

The pdf handbook is obsolete and hasn't been update.
Instead we made a wiki handbook on RWR's partner site Gamepedia.

You can find the RWR Handbook >> HERE <<
It's still work in progress but the most important things should be in for the Steam release March, 13.

For the old 0.92 .pdf version of the tutorial, please view from here.
For the video tutorials, please head here.

The Factory on Map 3 is my house.. get out and stay out

__________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

I will update this guide as new updates are added.

Feel free to post your own helpful tips down below and I will attempt to add them into this guide.

ComJak

Last edited by ComJak on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 117 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:12 am 

Awesome tutorial you did there, Comjak. Thanks for that!
I took the freedom to add a few things and to make some corrections.

You have a section called "SCORE" but it should be called "EXPERIENCE" since the scoreboard is something different and is a simple system which only relies on the Kills and Deaths difference. Nothing more. I let you add this section yourself.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Superb tutorial indeed, good work! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:21 pm 

Good tutorial for beginners. Just a little something I thought I should point out... throwing grenades is effected slightly by your movement, so moving towards where you're throwing will throw it a little further, and throwing it while strafing will make it angle to one side. I've accidentally bounced grenades off things because of this before, and for maximum accuracy with grenades stand still while throwing. It's also very possible to accidentally grenade yourself when it seems like it wouldn't happen, for example when you're crouching behind cover and pop up the throw the grenade, I've had it drop at my feet before. Stay clear of any obstacles that might cause problems with your throwing arc =3

Another note, grenades aren't on a timer as far as I can tell, but explode after having bounced once.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:00 am 

Thank for the feedback.

OzyThesage, throwing grenades, as far as I can tell is not effected by your initial velocity. I tried standing at a line and throwing a grenade as far as possible, then i ran up to the line and timed the grenade to be released at the same line. Both grenades exploded at pretty much the exact same spot. While strafing, the grenade will be launched at the exact line between you and your cursor at the instant the grenade is released. Essentially, the grenade doesn't care what you were doing before the exact instant the toss happens. At the exact instant the toss happens, you might as well have been standing still and throwing it.

Also, I'm pretty sure grenades are on a timer as if you drop a grenade close by, it blows up only after bouncing more than once. The timer seems to be 3 seconds.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:58 am 

I can confirm what Comjak said about the grenades.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:17 pm 

2I just thought I'd post some things I've noticed while playing.

If you fire fully automatic weapons in bursts, you can hit targets from a much greater distance. I like to use bursts of 1-2 at long ranges and 2-3 at medium ranges while using the AK47 and G36.

If you hold crouch while behind cover, your character will stay completely behind cover instead of sticking his head and upper body out. When attacking like this, your character peeks out for as long as it takes to fire. When finished, he drops behind cover again. Throwing grenades from behind walls will usually cause the character to drop the grenade on the wall so be careful!

I also like to crouch while attacking in the open. Firing while standing up is less accurate and a great way to get yourself killed. In my experience, when I attack while prone, my shots tend to hit the ground more than the enemy. Dropping into a crouch is also much quicker than going prone.

Bouncing grenades off buildings is helpful when trying to get those hard to reach enemies.

[0.92] Worldwar v2

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:06 pm 

added the idea into the list, thanks nuckfuggets.. haha everytime i want to say f***n******

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:32 am 

you may add informations about the isolines. Higher terrain = brighter line colors, lower = darker color. You may wait for this night's release though since some work on isolines (customization) has been done.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm 

No problem ComJak! That was kind of the point of the name. I just remembered that if you hold down the fire key (LMB) with the shotgun or sniper rifle, you can continuously fire your weapon.

[0.92] Worldwar v2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next