It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:36 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 58 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 161


All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm
Posts: 15
Hi there. I purchased the WIN version a year ago and have the DL link for it. As the Desura version on linux is not working properly it's recommended to use the stand alone linux version, ok, but how do i get it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 am
Posts: 2853
GAZ082 wrote:
Hi there. I purchased the WIN version a year ago and have the DL link for it. As the Desura version on linux is not working properly it's recommended to use the stand alone linux version, ok, but how do i get it?


You can get it in RWR Desura website http://www.desura.com/games/running-with-rifles, it's on the right side of the page when you log in. If you don't have a Desura key for RWR, you could send me your BMTMicro order info so that I can generate you a key for Desura. Send it to pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm
Posts: 15
Oh yes, i did, but where do i get the "standalone" linux version?

"On another note, RWR Linux branch for Desura desktop app is currently stalling approval because of problems with the GUI toolkit used with the config tool. I'll rewrite the config tool within the next few days to get rid the problem once and for all, so in the meantime please use the standalone download for Linux."

I already tried to run in the console and i get an OGRE error.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 am
Posts: 2853
GAZ082 wrote:
Oh yes, i did, but where do i get the "standalone" linux version?

"On another note, RWR Linux branch for Desura desktop app is currently stalling approval because of problems with the GUI toolkit used with the config tool. I'll rewrite the config tool within the next few days to get rid the problem once and for all, so in the meantime please use the standalone download for Linux."

I already tried to run in the console and i get an OGRE error.


The standalone Linux version is the one on the Desura website, the TAR.GZ package:

Image

Which Ogre error do you get? Are you running the game with launch_game script?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm
Posts: 15
Stupid me, did not scroll down enought :(

When trying to play the Desura linux version i get this:

gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ ./launch_game
gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ /home/gabriel/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles/rwr_config: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have 12.10 x64 Ubuntu version.

I'll try to download the stand alone version, because i click and nothing happens. I'll update the Desura client just in case...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 am
Posts: 2853
GAZ082 wrote:
Stupid me, did not scroll down enought :(

When trying to play the Desura linux version i get this:

gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ ./launch_game
gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ /home/gabriel/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles/rwr_config: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have 12.10 x64 Ubuntu version.

I'll try to download the stand alone version, because i click and nothing happens. I'll update the Desura client just in case...


The current config tool with the game requires 32-bit wxWidgets installed, which you'd achieve on 64-bit Ubuntu by apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-0:i386.

I'd suggest you to access the Desura website with a regular web browser rather than the Desura client to download the standalone version. I can confirm I can't download the standalone in Desura application either, but in Firefox it downloads fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group