It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 74

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:46 pm 

Hi there. I purchased the WIN version a year ago and have the DL link for it. As the Desura version on linux is not working properly it's recommended to use the stand alone linux version, ok, but how do i get it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

GAZ082 wrote:
Hi there. I purchased the WIN version a year ago and have the DL link for it. As the Desura version on linux is not working properly it's recommended to use the stand alone linux version, ok, but how do i get it?

You can get it in RWR Desura website http://www.desura.com/games/running-with-rifles, it's on the right side of the page when you log in. If you don't have a Desura key for RWR, you could send me your BMTMicro order info so that I can generate you a key for Desura. Send it to pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:58 pm 

Oh yes, i did, but where do i get the "standalone" linux version?

"On another note, RWR Linux branch for Desura desktop app is currently stalling approval because of problems with the GUI toolkit used with the config tool. I'll rewrite the config tool within the next few days to get rid the problem once and for all, so in the meantime please use the standalone download for Linux."

I already tried to run in the console and i get an OGRE error.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

GAZ082 wrote:
Oh yes, i did, but where do i get the "standalone" linux version?

"On another note, RWR Linux branch for Desura desktop app is currently stalling approval because of problems with the GUI toolkit used with the config tool. I'll rewrite the config tool within the next few days to get rid the problem once and for all, so in the meantime please use the standalone download for Linux."

I already tried to run in the console and i get an OGRE error.

The standalone Linux version is the one on the Desura website, the TAR.GZ package:

Which Ogre error do you get? Are you running the game with launch_game script?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:38 pm 

Stupid me, did not scroll down enought :(

When trying to play the Desura linux version i get this:

gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ ./launch_game
gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ /home/gabriel/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles/rwr_config: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have 12.10 x64 Ubuntu version.

I'll try to download the stand alone version, because i click and nothing happens. I'll update the Desura client just in case...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

GAZ082 wrote:
Stupid me, did not scroll down enought :(

When trying to play the Desura linux version i get this:

gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ ./launch_game
gabriel@Xiridio:~/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles$ /home/gabriel/Desktop/desura/common/running-with-rifles/rwr_config: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have 12.10 x64 Ubuntu version.

I'll try to download the stand alone version, because i click and nothing happens. I'll update the Desura client just in case...

The current config tool with the game requires 32-bit wxWidgets installed, which you'd achieve on 64-bit Ubuntu by apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-0:i386.

I'd suggest you to access the Desura website with a regular web browser rather than the Desura client to download the standalone version. I can confirm I can't download the standalone in Desura application either, but in Firefox it downloads fine.