It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 126

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:41 am 

title pretty much says it all. i'm only able to swap between a mossberg, ak, and g36. if i go to a weapon cache and try any other weapons, they refuse to equip.

edit: okay, after looking around a bit more the weapons i can't equip have their names greyed out, so i assume this must be a server setting or they're rank unlocked. i was just confused because i was able to pick up any weapon in the UK server from rank 1.

feel free to close this sucker.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 am 

Duh, thats the point. You have rank restrictions on most weapons for a reason there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:56 am 
Site Admin

Yup, true that. Usability is a bit of a problem here as the game experience varies between servers / modes, and for the most part there's no clear communication about it.

It's a known thing and we will address plenty of similar issues starting at 0.90.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:02 am 

ZnasVecKo wrote:
Duh, thats the point. You have rank restrictions on most weapons for a reason there.

coming from a server that allows all weapons without rank into one that requires you to rank up to use a mediocre rifle is not 'duh'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 am 

Yeah take, your not the only one with that opinion. In a game thats about Running with RIFLES it kinda sucks that you only have access to just 1 rifle. I hate COD shit and who sugested "Leveled" weapon restrictions can suck a wang.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:23 am 

That was the point of Invasion US. The idea is you have persistent stats. So, because of this, there need to be some restrictions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 am 

Rank=how many men to command, persistant rank=how many men you can command.
BAM done did your restriction for you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 am 
Site Admin

newabortion wrote:
Yeah take, your not the only one with that opinion. In a game thats about Running with RIFLES it kinda sucks that you only have access to just 1 rifle. I hate COD shit and who sugested "Leveled" weapon restrictions can suck a wang.

Come on newabortion, go play single matches :lol:

If you're going to play 10h-20h to go from rank 0 to 10, you'd better have some other way of personal progression too than just squad members, in my opinion. Consider me crazy, but I was pretty happy reaching rank 1 on Invasion as it opened doors to new weapons. It also felt I didn't get it for free, as we had just pushed through some shitload of resistance. Wouldn't want to bash single matches, they're great casual fun, but reaching a rank there feels a bit meh after Invasion :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 am 

I like the persistent profiles and ranking up. It is nice to know you've earned the use of something a little more your style and a few more troops to run with you. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more elaboration on this. -Although I do prefer personally if it is equipment and resource related. Such as: more "call" types, more grenades, maybe more squad commands. And avoids being "perk" related like higher accuracy, or higher hp, or fast reloading.- I think maybe the issue is simply at this point there appears to be little indication of the differences when going from one server to another weather it's slow or fast ranking. I switch because sometimes I want a few others around despite the lag now and then. But it is hard to tell if you are joining a fast or slow progression server. That's all, no 'duhs' needed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:00 pm 

take wrote:
coming from a server that allows all weapons without rank into one that requires you to rank up to use a mediocre rifle is not 'duh'.

There aren't really "mediocre" weapons. I would say that every weapon is almost equal in effectiveness, it's just that in some conditions one weapon might be better than the other. At rank 0 you always can start with an AK47 and this weapon is definitely good enough to compete with most other weapons.